Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Integrate with Nokia Landmark?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louiskkchan
MGMapper

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Integrate with Nokia Landmark? Reply with quote

Nokia have a landmark apps which stored the location info. Google maps for Nokia can access the same landmark info so Nokia map + google maps are referring to the same location database.

Can mgmaps do the same for Nokia if Landmark is available on phone? It's great if you do so. As I usually use mgmaps oversea so I don't need to have 2 diff locations databases.

Please advise

PS. I am using E71

Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Integrate with Nokia Landmark? Reply with quote

louiskkchan wrote:
Nokia have a landmark apps which stored the location info. Google maps for Nokia can access the same landmark info so Nokia map + google maps are referring to the same location database.

Can mgmaps do the same for Nokia if Landmark is available on phone? It's great if you do so. As I usually use mgmaps oversea so I don't need to have 2 diff locations databases.

Please advise

PS. I am using E71

This is not supported currently, maybe it will be added in a future version.
martyp
Junior

Phone Type: Nokia N95-1 FW v11.0.026

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this feature would be very useful as well. Hope it gets included in a future release.

One thing I find MGMaps so much better at than Google Maps on my N95 is keeping the connection. With Google Maps it keeps saying the connection has been lost even though the signal is strong. MGMaps rarely if ever loses the network connection and seems so much better loading tiles when on the move.

Excellent app, thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: