Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Highlighted route when using a downloaded GMaps KML file ...

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hogster
MGMapper


Joined: 16 Feb 2008
Posts: 22

Phone Type: W910i

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Highlighted route when using a downloaded GMaps KML file ... Reply with quote

Hi Cristian,

I notice that if I plan a route using the Search or Direction function on my phone, it will display a blue line showing the intended route .... but if I download a KML route file from GoogleMaps it won't show this line – only the key points in the route .... am I doing something wrong here or is this function not available currently?

Many thanks!


David Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cristian Streng
Founder


Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 4585

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Highlighted route when using a downloaded GMaps KML file Reply with quote

Hogster wrote:
I notice that if I plan a route using the Search or Direction function on my phone, it will display a blue line showing the intended route .... but if I download a KML route file from GoogleMaps it won't show this line – only the key points in the route .... am I doing something wrong here or is this function not available currently?

This functionality (lines in KML) is not available yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hogster
MGMapper


Joined: 16 Feb 2008
Posts: 22

Phone Type: W910i

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cristian Smile

Has any development been made with this feature and if not, is there any way to mark a pre-determined route on a stored map?

Many thanks Smile


David
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmytro
Developer


Joined: 12 Apr 2008
Posts: 190
Location: Kamloops, BC Canada
Phone Type: Blackberry Pearl 8130

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on this feature....to track GPS coordinates into KML (and draw it on the map) . Importing one on the map shouldn't be hard to implement once its done.

Check back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
willthrom
MGMapper


Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 14

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmytro wrote:
I am working on this feature....to track GPS coordinates into KML (and draw it on the map) . Importing one on the map shouldn't be hard to implement once its done.

Check back.


Hi, what happend with this feature?

is it possible to track GPS coordinates into KML and draw over the map?

Thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmytro
Developer


Joined: 12 Apr 2008
Posts: 190
Location: Kamloops, BC Canada
Phone Type: Blackberry Pearl 8130

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not complete (you can save...partially) but not open. Feel free to add it yourself source code of MGMaps with this feature is available here https://svn.mgmaps.com/contrib/1.4-blackberry/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
willthrom
MGMapper


Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 14

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not a black berry, only my SE C902....

I think i have to wait to Cristian make it or when mgmaps is open source.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
willthrom
MGMapper


Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 14

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willthrom wrote:
I have not a black berry, only my SE C902....

I think i have to wait to Cristian make it or when mgmaps is open source.


I found https://svn.mgmaps.com/tags/release/1.41.03/

it is a valid code?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cristian Streng
Founder


Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 4585

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willthrom wrote:
willthrom wrote:
I have not a black berry, only my SE C902....

I think i have to wait to Cristian make it or when mgmaps is open source.


I found https://svn.mgmaps.com/tags/release/1.41.03/

it is a valid code?

Yes, very much Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
willthrom
MGMapper


Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 14

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
willthrom wrote:
willthrom wrote:
I have not a black berry, only my SE C902....

I think i have to wait to Cristian make it or when mgmaps is open source.


I found https://svn.mgmaps.com/tags/release/1.41.03/

it is a valid code?

Yes, very much Smile


Okei, now, I'm ready to star with this task. I need to improve my jave skill (in my work I'm only c++ expert). Now, i'm going to download the code and with my tuto Java for dummies(Razz), I try to add Kml line painting.
I hope the code don't scared me.

before to start. thank you for this amazing app.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
MGMaps topic RSS feed 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group