Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

LOAD KML ROUTE - (yes we can)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Development version 1.40
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willthrom
MGMapper

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: LOAD KML ROUTE - (yes we can) Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I add a new feature. Load KML route generated by google maps(google Earth kml files) and draw the path.

It's a beta version. It's slow, and pooly tested (that it's where you can participated).

I had problem with Draw J2ME lines, becaouse you can set witdh line and with witdh 1 is difficult to see. I implemend lines with width 3. ( performance go down).

If anyone want to test, have to generate a KML file with route coordenates and delete all the others placemark (soon i fix this problem).
Only one placermark with the route coordenates.

When you load the kml file, you will see one place (our route). Center to map and you would see blue lines.

Wink

PD: I don't know where upload the code. ( after delete all my mess)

enjoy, if you can make it work Razz

NEW VERSION (NEXT POST)

Last edited by willthrom on Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
willthrom
MGMapper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

new version.Now with all the old kmlview features.

you don't have to edit google earth kml files. Only save in mobile and open with kml service. I don't test with kml direcly from internet.

Test! and enjoy.

PS: The backlights feature was disabled because i don't have nokia/moto/siemens library.

mgmamps.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  mgmamps.rar
 Filesize:  430.19 KB
 Downloaded:  5222 Time(s)

dmytro
Developer

Phone Type: Blackberry Pearl 8130

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about posting the source code too! so some of us can improve Laughing
willthrom
MGMapper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmytro wrote:
What about posting the source code too! so some of us can improve Laughing

haha, of course. I only have to remove my LOG (debug) sentences. When i go back home, i'll upload the source Razz

I am not a Java expert, really, i read my first java tutorial last weekend... At least it it very C++ compatible XD I hope some one improve the code to generic version (not only dmytro BB version XDD, still i'm waiting for a street off-line search)

Very Happy
willthrom
MGMapper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I don't have time to clean Log senteces.

Here, you have the code. For any question, dont hesitate.

Smile

src.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  src.rar
 Filesize:  521.51 KB
 Downloaded:  4882 Time(s)

dmytro
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you also post a list of files that were modified. Its a LOT of mess right now between Blackberry version and General version....very difficult to find what you changed (because there are way too many changes already)

or even better (you know your changes) get SVN from https://svn.mgmaps.com/contrib/1.4-blackberry/ and add your changes there too...I will clean it up.

Thanks
walker
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

this is a really great feature as it will allow to load e.g. tours from hiking trips (there are some sites providing this) and try to follow them up with MGMaps. Will anyone provide a valid signed version for testing? Above version throws an error while installing (missing certificate). Or just some hint? Thanks a lot!

Feature request:
- Support having multiple KML files & Favorites loaded in parallel (multiple colours?) Wink
- Based on position: Passed/Remaing distance on trip (I know this is gonna be difficult)

Thank you!
dmytro
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You requesting your own features? nice. Cris has Regular Phone certificate keys for signing, I have Blackberry keys.

willthrom ask Cris for SVN upload access so you can upload changes and track them.
walker
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmytro wrote:
You requesting your own features? nice. Cris has Regular Phone certificate keys for signing, I have Blackberry keys.

Hi dymtro,

sorry that I confused you, I am not willthrom but walker Wink
Anyway thanks for the tip with keys...

And please note my small extra-proposals concerning the features Wink

Best regards,
Walker
willthrom
MGMapper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, I need time!!.. i bought a new compute. The older was very old to develop Java app.

I try to make the changes file list, but if you can wait you can diff 1.43 version with my code. I added one new file route.java, and i can remenber i changed place.java and viewKml.java

Load different KML isn't difficult but..... I have to make a lot of changes because there is only one vector place, one form to showed...etc.etc

The second feature is not undestable to me. I think i'm very tired. Tomorrow i read again Razz

bye
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willthrom wrote:
hey, I need time!!.. i bought a new compute. The older was very old to develop Java app.

I try to make the changes file list, but if you can wait you can diff 1.43 version with my code. I added one new file route.java, and i can remenber i changed place.java and viewKml.java

Load different KML isn't difficult but..... I have to make a lot of changes because there is only one vector place, one form to showed...etc.etc

The second feature is not undestable to me. I think i'm very tired. Tomorrow i read again Razz

bye

OK... let me know if you want to continue to develop on MGMaps, I can give you SVN access...
Bohn
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: LOAD KML ROUTE - (yes we can) Reply with quote

sorry, i can't load kml files on my sony-ericsson phone. even it can't load the kml files which is not a route but only a place. the original version can load a place but not a route.

willthrom wrote:
Hi everyone,

I add a new feature. Load KML route generated by google maps(google Earth kml files) and draw the path.

It's a beta version. It's slow, and pooly tested (that it's where you can participated).

I had problem with Draw J2ME lines, becaouse you can set witdh line and with witdh 1 is difficult to see. I implemend lines with width 3. ( performance go down).

If anyone want to test, have to generate a KML file with route coordenates and delete all the others placemark (soon i fix this problem).
Only one placermark with the route coordenates.

When you load the kml file, you will see one place (our route). Center to map and you would see blue lines.

Wink

PD: I don't know where upload the code. ( after delete all my mess)

enjoy, if you can make it work Razz

NEW VERSION (NEXT POST)
gaka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="willthrom"]hi,

new version.Now with all the old kmlview features.

you don't have to edit google earth kml files. Only save in mobile and open with kml service. I don't test with kml direcly from internet.

Test! and enjoy.

PS: The backlights feature was disabled because i don't have nokia/moto/siemens library.[/quote]

It is not possible to install version from this link. I am getting Autorisation failed message! Loading kml route is very usefull feature, and not able to load it is only imperfection of MG maps.
Thanks

gaka
Bosnia and Herzegovina
HenkGerby

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: KML on Samsung MOnte Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

First of all: Great APP this MGMaps. Works well on my Samsung GT-S5620.
Only:When i try to open a KML-file, i get the message: No Places?
I used RouteConverter 2.4 to convert my own trackfile to KML.

Henk
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Development version 1.40 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: