Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

[Fixed] Problems on Sony-Ericsson Z780

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Usage Questions and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bohn
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: [Fixed] Problems on Sony-Ericsson Z780 Reply with quote

my phone is sony ericsson Z780 which has an internal GPS. last week i install mgmaps (java edition) in my phone and it works well. but for some reason i delete it. now i want to re-install it, but i find whatever method i take, i cannot be installed at all! it always shows: memory is full..... or even worse result in dead of phone. so could anyone tell me the reason for it? and provide me a method to solve problem?
Bohn
Junior

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i successfully solve the problem!!!
i enter the file:"Manifest.mf" and delete the 13 line that says "MIDlet-Data-Size: 256" then try to install the .jar file. OK!!!! the program runs all right! i feel very excited this moment! the effort that comes out of several days hard work.

thank you all!
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohn wrote:
i successfully solve the problem!!!
i enter the file:"Manifest.mf" and delete the 13 line that says "MIDlet-Data-Size: 256" then try to install the .jar file. OK!!!! the program runs all right! i feel very excited this moment! the effort that comes out of several days hard work.

thank you all!

Thanks for the info, that's good to know! I had no idea that entry could cause such problems... It's needed on other phones like Motorolas so I can't just remove it at this time, the best solution could be separate jad files for phones that don't like the parameter...
volleyrca

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: MIDlet-Data-Size in JAR Manifest caused problems for me too! Reply with quote

This was preventing me from installing using the JAD file also. I could install from the JAR, but if I tried to install from any of the JADs my phone would reboot. So based on this thread I tried removing MIDlet-Data-Size from the Manifest and rebuilding the jar file. Initially I also removed the line form the JAD file and with the line missing from both I would get an "Operation Failed" error when I tried to install (but no reboot). So then I added it back into the JAD (so it was only removed it from the JAR's manifest) and that worked!

Now the only problem is that it doesn't work with the signed JAD, which I'm guessing is because I had to rebuild the JAR to get the modification into the Manifest.

For reference, my phone is a Sony Ericsson z750. I debranded it to a generic firmware using davinci in May 2008.
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: MIDlet-Data-Size in JAR Manifest caused problems for me Reply with quote

volleyrca wrote:
This was preventing me from installing using the JAD file also. I could install from the JAR, but if I tried to install from any of the JADs my phone would reboot. So based on this thread I tried removing MIDlet-Data-Size from the Manifest and rebuilding the jar file. Initially I also removed the line form the JAD file and with the line missing from both I would get an "Operation Failed" error when I tried to install (but no reboot). So then I added it back into the JAD (so it was only removed it from the JAR's manifest) and that worked!

Now the only problem is that it doesn't work with the signed JAD, which I'm guessing is because I had to rebuild the JAR to get the modification into the Manifest.

For reference, my phone is a Sony Ericsson z750. I debranded it to a generic firmware using davinci in May 2008.

Signed version without data size.

mgmaps-1_39_17-nodatasize.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  mgmaps-1_39_17-nodatasize.zip
 Filesize:  225.88 KB
 Downloaded:  1432 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Usage Questions and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: