Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

REROUTE (yes, we can)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Development version 1.40
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Milk
Developer

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: REROUTE (yes, we can) Reply with quote

I just managed to setup the java environment and add the REROUTE shortcut to generic 1.4.

To make things easier (for me), I have replaced "Clear Map" with "Reroute" (English language file only).

So, if you get off track, just press 2 and MGMaps will recalc your route.

If you originally got directions from GPS position, recalc will be from current GPS position. If you got them from "Map Center" recalc will be from current Map Center. That means you will be able to move around the map and press 2 to get directions from the selected map point to your original destination (good for those without GPS).

It needs testing!

Mr. Milk

P.S. unzip the attachment to get .jad and .jar

Cristian, I only did some minor changes to Search.java, MapCanvas.java and en_us.lng. Do you want them?

mgmaps.zip
 Description:
mgmaps 1.4 + reroute

Download
 Filename:  mgmaps.zip
 Filesize:  258.41 KB
 Downloaded:  1360 Time(s)

dmytro
Developer

Phone Type: Blackberry Pearl 8130

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure tos the source code too.
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: REROUTE (yes, we can) Reply with quote

Mr. Milk wrote:
Cristian, I only did some minor changes to Search.java, MapCanvas.java and en_us.lng. Do you want them?

Sure, please send a diff file or the updated sources Smile Do you want an account to submit to the MGMaps repository?
Mr. Milk
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: REROUTE (yes, we can) Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:

Sure, please send a diff file or the updated sources Smile Do you want an account to submit to the MGMaps repository?

Well, I'm afraid I eventually mess up with your source. Anyway, you can create the account and I'll use it if I can be sure about what I'm doing.

Another thing, I spent a week working on your code to implement the map auto-rotation feature. As you said, it's a major job. It looks like the code is not prepared to rotate map without rotating directions, places and overlays.

In any case, I've just finished it. Not a "real, any degree" rotation, but something that will auto-rotate by 90 degrees multiples, as if you had pressed the key 7 (but rotating only the tiles). So, your driving direction will always be up-left, up or up-right (like NE, N, NW). Good enough for me.

That meant a lot of code change and I'm still testing it. As soon as I have it better tested, I'll make a pack with the changes so that you can decide if you want to merge it or not. The code is very well documented (in your style!).

Cheers,
Mr. Milk
dmytro
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm Auto-rotation? interesting concept.

whats the idea? If you detect that you move from (left to right) or (right to left) you rotate the map vertically so it looks like you always move from bottom to top?

did I get it right?
Mr. Milk
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmytro wrote:
Hmm Auto-rotation? interesting concept.

whats the idea? If you detect that you move from (left to right) or (right to left) you rotate the map vertically so it looks like you always move from bottom to top?

did I get it right?

Yes. It moves in 90 degrees steps so you keep the phone on the same position but the map turns around so that your heading direction is always up. I felt that is very hard to drive ahead with the arrow pointing down.
dmytro
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Be waiting for source code.
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: REROUTE (yes, we can) Reply with quote

Mr. Milk wrote:
Well, I'm afraid I eventually mess up with your source. Anyway, you can create the account and I'll use it if I can be sure about what I'm doing.

OK, I've created an account named mr.milk (I'll send password on PM). Don't worry, you won't mess up with my source, I've only given you write access on /contrib.

Mr. Milk wrote:
Another thing, I spent a week working on your code to implement the map auto-rotation feature. As you said, it's a major job. It looks like the code is not prepared to rotate map without rotating directions, places and overlays.

In any case, I've just finished it. Not a "real, any degree" rotation, but something that will auto-rotate by 90 degrees multiples, as if you had pressed the key 7 (but rotating only the tiles). So, your driving direction will always be up-left, up or up-right (like NE, N, NW). Good enough for me.

That meant a lot of code change and I'm still testing it. As soon as I have it better tested, I'll make a pack with the changes so that you can decide if you want to merge it or not. The code is very well documented (in your style!).

Thanks, sounds great. Although some people say I don't have my code documented well enough. Smile If you wish to share it please do attach it here or share it in the mgmaps repository.

Cristian
mariog
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dmytro,

Have you plan to build a Blackberry 1.41 with the new experimental REROUTE and AUTOROTATION feature?

Thanks.
dmytro
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure...where is the source code?
mariog
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasn't yet been uploaded by Mr. Milk in the /contrib directory?
dmytro
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope
mariog
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Milk where are you? Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Development version 1.40 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: