Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

login error on gmap track

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Web Sites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roses
MGMapper

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: login error on gmap track Reply with quote

Hello Christian,

Since yesterday afternoon, I am getting "login error" when I open mgmaps and it tries to upload my location & show my friends.

I can search for a location fine so the internet connection on my phone is ok.

I have a Blackberry Curve OS4.2 with mpgmaps 1.39.15 and am using T-Mobile.
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: login error on gmap track Reply with quote

roses wrote:
Hello Christian,

Since yesterday afternoon, I am getting "login error" when I open mgmaps and it tries to upload my location & show my friends.

I can search for a location fine so the internet connection on my phone is ok.

I have a Blackberry Curve OS4.2 with mpgmaps 1.39.15 and am using T-Mobile.

I have replied to your PM, still works fine for me and other users...
roses
MGMapper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm. Thanks for your pm. It doesn't look as though it is T-Mobile as I put my sim in a Nokia 6680,. installed the app & that works fine & I can see my friends.

I have uninstalled mgmaps on my Blackberry. I went to the link you gave me on another post and tried all the previous versions of mgmaps using the alx code but I get the error "no additional applications designed for your phone were found". But when I install via wap using the jar file, that works fine. I am running OS4.5 which I have been happily using for two weeks now, the app stopped working on Tuesday so I don't know what T-Mobile/Blackberry have done!
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roses wrote:
Mmm. Thanks for your pm. It doesn't look as though it is T-Mobile as I put my sim in a Nokia 6680,. installed the app & that works fine & I can see my friends.

OK, but if you put your SIM in another phone you're still on the same network, right? Smile .

EDIT: Actually it could be a combined problem T-Mobile and Blackberry, maybe they made some changes in the blackberry services.
roses
MGMapper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Cristian,

I have now tested the gmap track feature on the following phones, I used 4 different peoples phone to verifiy that the problem is not with my sim card profile:

Does not work
Blackberry 8310 (sim 1)
Blackberry 8800 (sim 2)
Blackberry 8110 (sim 3)

Works fine
Nokia 6680 (sim 1)
Sony Ericsson K800i (sim 4)

All other features of the mgmaps program work fine. Ie I can download maps, search for a location, do route planning etc. Just the "login error" when I try to update my location online or view my friends!

All on T-Mobile. Obviously something has happened since last Tuesday when it stopped working!

Do you have a Blackberry and non T-Mobile phone that you can test this with to see if the problem is Blackberry or T-Mobile?
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roses wrote:
All other features of the mgmaps program work fine. Ie I can download maps, search for a location, do route planning etc. Just the "login error" when I try to update my location online or view my friends!

Tmhe login request (or response) must get altered somehow. Blackberry phones use the internet (GPRS) a bit differently than other phones, that's why the app only gives this error on bb.

roses wrote:
Do you have a Blackberry and non T-Mobile phone that you can test this with to see if the problem is Blackberry or T-Mobile?

Yes, I tested it with blackberry 8700f (European version) on Orange and it works just fine.
roses
MGMapper

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, same resolution as another post I just updated.

For some reason, my service provider removed the "Blackberry Internet Service" from my subscriber profile. I got this re-added to my subscription and the service books were resent to my phone. The program works fine now.

This problem is Blackberry specific which is why it worked in other phones but not Blackberry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Web Sites All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: