Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

1.41.03 Problems on Nokia E66

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Development version 1.40
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sodalimon
MGMapper

Phone Type: Nokia E66

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: 1.41.03 Problems on Nokia E66 Reply with quote

Hi,

Hadn't got the tiniest reason to upgrade to the new 1.40's for a long time, cause everything worked fine with the good ol' 1.39.12 (Yet, I had tried the new 1.40 series a couple of times)...

Since I upgraded to E66, I upgraded to 1.41.03 as well recently...

Today, I noticed some strange issues as I drive along my way...

Once, the program was closed by itself (don't know if it was symbian or the program itself. there was no sign of a crash and I wasn't smart enough to check back the debug log on the help menu at the time Sad so I have no clues. But I know for sure, the symbian had no reason (?) whatsoever...)

Several times I noticed missing tiles at various zoom levels but I know the tile files were fine last time I checked (Still, I'm gonna go through a comparison with a backed up mgmaps folder) and the program really acted weird as if the files were corrupted (sometimes reports as true in the debug log).

Maps scroll way slower than on the 6300 (even same cache size)...

And... The program changed its zoom level by itself, all of a sudden... What in the world, I was shocked Very Happy

I use 16 tiles per file and the cache size is set to 512K with the low memory mode not active (About 2MB memory reported with around 50-100KB free).
I'm gonna check for some different setting for the slow operation now.

Well, I kinda got like a guy who just appears when he has a request or a complaint and I'm so sorry for that. But maybe, it may be a solid feedback for the version. And it may help me too Smile Who knows...

I also apologize if I just reported some previously covered issues. I wasn't patient enough to check the whole forum...

And... Thanks in advance...

Yours,
Emre Tiryaki

Addition:

Just tried several performance settings...
1024KB, 384, 256, low memory... Still the same slow refresh...
When panning, the tiles cannot update fast enough so I see empty sections before those sections leave out of the onscreen region. And it's way too slow.
And I also noticed, even the menu system sometimes fails to respond for a tiny tiny amount of time...

The 6300 works a little better than on the E66 with the same version by the way...

Correction:
I was wrong about the 6300 experience... It works just fine, no problems at all...
My poor li'l E66 Razz
comzine

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I'll get a E66 in a few days and I want to use MGMaps with it in offline mode and openstreetmap tiles.
Now my question is what version do I have to use? You told, that the newest one makes trouble - do I have to use version 3.91?
But I want to use tracking feature like gpstrack but with internal gps support ...

Greetings from Germany
comzine
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

comzine wrote:
Hi!

I'll get a E66 in a few days and I want to use MGMaps with it in offline mode and openstreetmap tiles.
Now my question is what version do I have to use? You told, that the newest one makes trouble - do I have to use version 3.91?
But I want to use tracking feature like gpstrack but with internal gps support ...

Greetings from Germany
comzine

The latest (development or stable) version should work fine on your phone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Development version 1.40 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: