Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Smooth Tracking?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenC
Junior

Phone Type: G705

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Smooth Tracking? Reply with quote

Hi, I own a G705 which has an internal GPS and I'm using Mobile GMap. The problem is that it won't track my location in real-time when I'm driving. It would update about every 3 sec. Even if I reduced the Refresh rate to 1sec and even tried 5Hz refresh.

Is something wrong with the settings?
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Smooth Tracking? Reply with quote

StevenC wrote:
Hi, I own a G705 which has an internal GPS and I'm using Mobile GMap. The problem is that it won't track my location in real-time when I'm driving. It would update about every 3 sec. Even if I reduced the Refresh rate to 1sec and even tried 5Hz refresh.

Is something wrong with the settings?

I don't think so, maybe the phone just gives GPS location updates every 3 seconds and not quicker. There are some delays hardcoded in the program for some phones, but not Sony-Ericssons.
StevenC
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other GPS applications update almost realtime, such as Wayfinder and the original Sony Ericsson applications. Other SE users reported that on other forums. It must be a small bug in your application.

I hope the next version will be better.
jur
Power User

Phone Type: Nokia 6600 Slide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting memory to low in settings makes map scrolling slow and jumpy but it prevents the phone from crashing. See Settings -> Performance
StevenC
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well SE phones have dynamic memory and so don't suffer from low memory in any apps. I've tried Low Memory Mode as well as increasing the memory cache in MGMaps but it changed nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: