Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Minimal offline version requested: scroll and zoom offline.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LowMemCheckRequest
Junior

Phone Type: Nokia 2760

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Minimal offline version requested: scroll and zoom offline. Reply with quote

Using GmapMaker, I can create (and download via bluetooth), enough tiles to fit into my puny 10M Nokia 2760 to be useful to me. If I use 1 tile per file, I can even open the files on my phone, and they look like images (and even let me use the phone's built-in zoom.)

But.... I have to guess which file is the tile next to the one I'm currently in, to scroll. And guess which file in the next zoomlevel folder matches up to where I am.

I don't have GPS nor internet connectivity. But it would be really cool if I could get a microscopic, low-resource use way to be able to scroll and zoom in&out of my stored offline maps. (I wouldn't even mind downloading another control file to indicate what's where, although on the emulator on XP, MGMaps doesn't seem to even need that.)

I'm sure I'm not the only person to want this, but I couldn't find any reference to how to do this.
LowMemCheckRequest
Junior

Phone Type: Nokia 2760

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Right now, mgmaps won't even launch on my Nokia 2760, because it runs out of memory, which is why a lightweight version would be greatly appreciated.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: