Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

gMapMaker - Map Tile Downloader for Windows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
libeco
Junior

Phone Type: Nokia N85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downloaded some maps:
- Brussel, zoom 14-18, fast and rough, Google hybrid
- Benelux, zoom 6-8, fast and rough, Google road
- Europe, zoom 3-5, fast and rough, Google road

I've placed them on my phone (Nokia N85) and told MGMaps to look for the stored files in that folder, set it to offline and restarted. I can see the Europe map (Google road) just fine. But here's my first problem, I keep getting questions from my phone if I want to grant access to the mgm-file, with every change I make (like panning, zooming, or changing map type). This is really annoying, is there a way to always accept this?

The Benelux road map loads fine with the same problem as described.

My second problem is the Google hybrid map of Brussel. It just doesn't show. It also keeps asking for permission to access the mgm file, but it only shows the zoom out image.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!
CrazyTerabyte
Power User

Phone Type: Sony Ericsson K750i; Nokia 6120 classic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

libeco wrote:
I keep getting questions from my phone if I want to grant access to the mgm-file, with every change I make (like panning, zooming, or changing map type). This is really annoying, is there a way to always accept this?

Go to "Application Manager" ("App Manager" or something like that) in your phone. I can't tell you where it is because it is in a different place on every Nokia.

Anyway, go there, select MGMaps, and then select "Always allowed" for "Read user data". If this option is not available, then install the signed version of MGMaps.

libeco wrote:
My second problem is the Google hybrid map of Brussel. It just doesn't show. It also keeps asking for permission to access the mgm file, but it only shows the zoom out image.

Probably Google has blacklisted your IP when you were downloading the maps, and started serving empty images instead of actual map images. Thus, now you have a lot of empty images saved in your cache.

libeco
Junior

Phone Type: Nokia N85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer. I found that setting and changed it, that's a whole lot easier than clicking yes all the time. Smile

When I open the mgm files on my pc in Windows' own media viewer I can see the image files without a problem, but somehow on the phone they won't work. Now I'm trying to get a hybrid Microsoft map of Brussel to see if that works any better.

Thanks!
Tucuman
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I just registred so this is my first post.
First of all, thanks Cristian for constantly updating gMapMaker!
I use this wonderful program quite a lot, always trying to avoid being banned by Google. This would be greatly simplified if gMapMaker would accept command line parameters.
Is it possible to implement such a feature? It would allow to run gMapMaker multiple times using a Batch or a VBscript program.

Thanks!
Werner
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Google-Sat-Pics Reply with quote

Hello,

this is Werner from Germany and I am a new member, just registered, while I am a long and quite pleased user of GmapMaker.
Now I have found a problem with data-downloads of Google-Sat-Pictures.

May be I have a similiar problem as bins above with downloads.
I try to download Google-Sat-Pics, which have been implemented with higher resolution for Libya since some few days, but the result is an empty folder.
I use version 0.7.3.2.
If I do the same for Egypt everything is fine.

From my point of view there are some differences when looking at the data using Google-Maps, which may lead to this effect:
- The egyptian area alwas shows the same kind of data, only changing the zoom (it has the faint color of new data up to zoom=16);
- The libyan area shows the former data (valid up to zoom 13; strong color) and only if you increase the zoom-factor >=13 you see the new data (new data have faint colors).

A similiar effect may be present in western-Africa (Morocco, Algeria, Mauretania etc.).

Looking at GoogleEarth in both areas the faint-colored data is shown for all zoom-levels.

Does anybody (may be Christian) know, how to acquire this data for Zoom-levels >=13?

Thanks in advance
Werner
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Google-Sat-Pics Reply with quote

Werner wrote:
Hello,

this is Werner from Germany and I am a new member, just registered, while I am a long and quite pleased user of GmapMaker.
Now I have found a problem with data-downloads of Google-Sat-Pictures.

May be I have a similiar problem as bins above with downloads.
I try to download Google-Sat-Pics, which have been implemented with higher resolution for Libya since some few days, but the result is an empty folder.
I use version 0.7.3.2.
If I do the same for Egypt everything is fine.

From my point of view there are some differences when looking at the data using Google-Maps, which may lead to this effect:
- The egyptian area alwas shows the same kind of data, only changing the zoom (it has the faint color of new data up to zoom=16);
- The libyan area shows the former data (valid up to zoom 13; strong color) and only if you increase the zoom-factor >=13 you see the new data (new data have faint colors).

A similiar effect may be present in western-Africa (Morocco, Algeria, Mauretania etc.).

Looking at GoogleEarth in both areas the faint-colored data is shown for all zoom-levels.

Does anybody (may be Christian) know, how to acquire this data for Zoom-levels >=13?

Thanks in advance
Werner

Google Earth uses different data than Google Maps (satellite view), sometimes it's more up-to-date in Google Earth. They also change versions for Google Maps and Satellite pretty frequently, current versions are v=47 for satellite view and version 112 for maps. You can update the gMapMaker.exe.config file in C:\program files\gMapMaker, for instance replace "v=46" with "v=47" in the definition for GoogleSatURL (you can open that file with notepad).
Werner
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christian,

many thanks for this fast help; I thought it was something like that, but I do not know, how to find the correct version-number.

Can you give a hint, how to find this?
Looking into the download of GoogleMaps could help, or?

Thanks again and kind regards
Werner
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucuman wrote:
I use this wonderful program quite a lot, always trying to avoid being banned by Google. This would be greatly simplified if gMapMaker would accept command line parameters.
Is it possible to implement such a feature? It would allow to run gMapMaker multiple times using a Batch or a VBscript program.

Thanks!

Why would you run it several times from batch? What kind of command line parameters should it accept?
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werner wrote:
Hi Christian,

many thanks for this fast help; I thought it was something like that, but I do not know, how to find the correct version-number.

Can you give a hint, how to find this?
Looking into the download of GoogleMaps could help, or?

Thanks again and kind regards
Werner

Unpack the archive and then copy the extracted file over your gMapMaker.exe.config (usually in C:\Program Files\gMapMaker).

gMapMaker.exe.config.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  gMapMaker.exe.config.zip
 Filesize:  1.59 KB
 Downloaded:  863 Time(s)

Tucuman
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
Tucuman wrote:

Thanks!

Why would you run it several times from batch? What kind of command line parameters should it accept?

Thanks for answering.
I usually use the "OziExplorer mode, build image & map calibration file". A big map takes more than an hour to download so that it would be great to be able to program the download of multiple maps and let the PC run overnight. This would require at least the following parameters: Top-left and Bottom-right lat/long coordinates and the name of the image file. The remaining parameters such as Zoom level, Image format, Operating mode, etc., seem to keep the values used in the last download.
Werner
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CHristian,

thanks for the updated config-file; works great.

Another question:
If I look at http://www.mgmaps.com/cache/ I see a new version of gMapMaker version 0733.
When I download and install it I get version 0732. Is this correct?

Cheers
Werner
ghazal86

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello every boady!
thanks a lot for good program but i have some problems whith it: i used hide ip software for s u r f ing google map but it dosent work for me and got error so i decide to use u l t r a s u r f and it worked but some of the tiles become black in pictures. when i replaced the config file these tiles became white! so i downloaded last version of gmapmaker and whith out changing the config file i decide to download the map but those black tiles still remaining (each time i exit the gmap and again starting to downlod some of this black tiles gone in last pictures) also when i go to cash folder all of tiles are correct and no black tile is there. what must i do to remove this black tiles? Rolling Eyes
thanks a lot.
franjal
Junior

Phone Type: Blackberry Storm 9530

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Version 0733 Reply with quote

I concur with Werner,

There seems to be a mixup of gmapmaker versions in the cache directory.

Version 0732 has been posted, instead of the advertized 0733.

I tried both the MSI and EXE versions, same results.

Just thought I'd confirm Werner's find.

Regards,

Franzl
tv-arnd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: OSM Cycle map Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
mslazak wrote:
I've added Open Street Maps - Cycle Maps to gMapMaker. Please PM me if you're interested.

Did you update gMapMaker code to add a new map type, or just replace the URLs in gMapMaker.config? If you made updates to the code, can you share it here or somewhere else -- alternately I can give you permissions on the MGMaps repository to update gMapMaker.

Hi,

I have tried the OpenCycleMap map-type with gMapMaker v0.7.3.2 (or v0.7.3.3). The tiles seem to download properly into the MGMapsCache-folder. Unfortunately the tiles are not assembled into one bitmap. A *.png at 1KB is generated, headers and metainfo seems to be correct, but content is "black". Anybody can reproduce this?

Best wishes
Arnd
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Version 0733 Reply with quote

franjal wrote:
I concur with Werner,

There seems to be a mixup of gmapmaker versions in the cache directory.

Version 0732 has been posted, instead of the advertized 0733.

I tried both the MSI and EXE versions, same results.

Just thought I'd confirm Werner's find.

Regards,

Franzl

Yes, it was linked to the old version, it's fixed now.
CrazyTerabyte
Power User

Phone Type: Sony Ericsson K750i; Nokia 6120 classic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paholsky wrote:
Google Earth Question - How do you transfer placemarks saved on one computer to another?

Look for a file called myplaces.kml. All your "local" placemarks are saved there. On Linux, it is ~/.googleearth/myplaces.kml

In addition, you might be able to right-click on a folder (inside google earth) that contains the placemarks and ask the program to export or save the folder/placemarks into a .KML file. Not sure about this, I'm saying from my memory.

sriturl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Unable to install mgmaps Reply with quote

Hello.
Absolutely new to maps and related software etc., and I am purchasing a PND and trying to install maps. so attempting to install mgmaps.

I have .net installed on my machine at C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
When I first tried to install mgmaps through setup, there was a message to setup registry key to point to the location. I did so, still unable to install with the message as attached in the picture.

thanks for the help

mgmaps-err.jpg
 Description:
error descr
 Filesize:  31.09 KB
 Viewed:  30051 Time(s)

mgmaps-err.jpg

rleonguer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: gMapMaker: Problems with images in OpenCycleMap mode Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

Locking for a program for generating my own maps for my GPS I have found gMapMaker. Congratulations to the developers as it is the best I have found!

However I am having problems with OpenCycleMap Type: generated images are all black and white squares (in JPEG, PNG and TIFF formats). Same happens with OpenAerialMap type, but when OpenStreetMap or OSMArenderer types are selected everythig works fine!

I have checked donwloaded tiles and seem to be correct...

Am I doing something in a not appropiate way? Could it be a bug in the code or problems with the server?

Thanks in advance for your help!
booBot
Power User

Phone Type: Nokia 6680 v5.04.07 15-02-06 RM-36

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and a Happy New Year!

Is it possible to adapt the gMapMaker to work with the Yandex.Maps?
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Unable to install mgmaps Reply with quote

sriturl wrote:
Hello.
Absolutely new to maps and related software etc., and I am purchasing a PND and trying to install maps. so attempting to install mgmaps.

I have .net installed on my machine at C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
When I first tried to install mgmaps through setup, there was a message to setup registry key to point to the location. I did so, still unable to install with the message as attached in the picture.

thanks for the help

I've seen this problem before, there could be a problem with the .NET Framework installation. Unpack the attached zip and install gMapMaker using Setup.exe, let me know if it works that way.

gMapMaker-0.7.3.4-setup.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  gMapMaker-0.7.3.4-setup.zip
 Filesize:  1009.97 KB
 Downloaded:  1313 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: