Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

GE Map overlays aren't refreshing

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Web Sites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kellerdh

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: GE Map overlays aren't refreshing Reply with quote

I've built a little webpage that's using the Terrain overlay in the network link generated by your "Information for KML Developers" box (http://www.mgmaps.com/kml/ ) . It displays great; very snappy. But when the overlay is turned off with a checkbox on the page, and then turned back on, it's blurred out completely in the region that you were viewing from.

I'm still pretty new to kmz's and network links, etc ... so maybe there's some code that I can plug in to get this to refresh properly? ... or is this a bug of some kind?

Thank you.
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: GE Map overlays aren't refreshing Reply with quote

kellerdh wrote:
I've built a little webpage that's using the Terrain overlay in the network link generated by your "Information for KML Developers" box (http://www.mgmaps.com/kml/ ) . It displays great; very snappy. But when the overlay is turned off with a checkbox on the page, and then turned back on, it's blurred out completely in the region that you were viewing from.

I'm still pretty new to kmz's and network links, etc ... so maybe there's some code that I can plug in to get this to refresh properly? ... or is this a bug of some kind?

Thank you.

Uh... you're right, it's a bug with GE caching the map tiles. I'll try to change the code and avoid it somehow.
kellerdh

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Cristian. I got around the problem by using a google Maps API addOverlay method, instead of the network link method. Your file was already a network link, so I was wrong to try to use a network link method to add a network link file. Thank you again, though. It works great now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Web Sites All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: