Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Wiederaufnahme Internetverbindung // reconnect to internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Deutsch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dackeltier
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Wiederaufnahme Internetverbindung // reconnect to internet Reply with quote

Hi,

ich habe folgendes Problem.

Die Internetverbindung besteht selbstverständlich nur so lange, wie auch Mobilfunknetz vorhanden ist.
Ist für eine bestimmte Zeit kein Mobilfunkempfang, baut MG-Maps die Internetverbindung nicht selbstständig wieder auf.

Welche Lösung gibt es dafür?
Ich nutze MG-Maps auf dem Nokia 6600.

-----------------------

I have following Problem.
The internetconnection is so long avaliable if the mobile network is also availabe.

If the mobile network for any time not available mg-maps do not connect himself to the internet.

Witch solition for this problme is there.
I use mg-maps on Nokia 6600.

Sorry for my english ... Wink
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Wiederaufnahme Internetverbindung // reconnect to intern Reply with quote

dackeltier wrote:
Hi,

ich habe folgendes Problem.

Die Internetverbindung besteht selbstverständlich nur so lange, wie auch Mobilfunknetz vorhanden ist.
Ist für eine bestimmte Zeit kein Mobilfunkempfang, baut MG-Maps die Internetverbindung nicht selbstständig wieder auf.

Welche Lösung gibt es dafür?
Ich nutze MG-Maps auf dem Nokia 6600.

-----------------------

I have following Problem.
The internetconnection is so long avaliable if the mobile network is also availabe.

If the mobile network for any time not available mg-maps do not connect himself to the internet.

Witch solition for this problme is there.
I use mg-maps on Nokia 6600.

Sorry for my english ... Wink

I'm not sure I understand... the internet is made available through the mobile network connection. If the signal is lost, some phones can reconnect, other cannot, this is not something I can control with the application. Once the connection goes down it will show gray "not available" map tiles for the areas that you are browsing, and it will come back online and continue to load other map tiles if the connection is re-established. The best solution to this problem is use of stored maps -- see the tutorials on the forum, for instance http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?t=725
dackeltier
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Wiederaufnahme Internetverbindung // reconnect to intern Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:

If the signal is lost, some phones can reconnect, other cannot, this is not something I can control with the application.http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?t=725

This is the answer i need.

I use less the card-function but rather the tracking-function for gmap-track.com.

Because usually i do not have the phone in my hands, I see only hours later on the phone when the connection is not available.

Is the "reconnect-funktion" possibly in later updates available?
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiederaufnahme Internetverbindung // reconnect to intern Reply with quote

dackeltier wrote:
Is the "reconnect-funktion" possibly in later updates available?

Yeah, I'll try to debug it and see if I can improve the behavior in future versions -- in order to somehow "force" reconnection.
dackeltier
Junior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

thank you for your answer!
I look forward to the new version.
dackeltier
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know when you will release the new version?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Deutsch All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: