Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Latest Sprint Guidance for Java ME Devices re Authentication

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Usage Questions and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberbiker
MGMapper

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Latest Sprint Guidance for Java ME Devices re Authentication Reply with quote

Enable/Disable a Java ME Device for Development

Why?

Java ME devices from Sprint launched since September 2009 have open access to the following core device APIs that were restricted on earler Sprint Java ME devices.

* Multi-media (JSR135)
* Messaging (JSR120)
* Ffile access (JSR 75)
* Device based location (JSR 179)

Yet features, JSR 179 MS-assisted Location and Sprint mobile Java extensions for user identification data and device settings are restricted to protect user privacy and network optimization.

Java ME devices from Sprint launched before September 2009, Sprint has restricted access to certain functionality provided to most MIDP 2.0 devices. This functionality consists of:

* JSR-135 Mobile Media 1.1 API
* JSR-120 Wireless Messaging 1.1 API
* JSR-75 Personal information Management
* JSR-179 Location API
* Sprint mobile Java extensions
* Qualcomm Java Application Extensions (QJAE) Location API

If your application uses any of the above restricted APIs and need access to these APIs on your device, Please follow the steps below:

Enable/Disable a Java ME Device for Development

The J2ME Device Developer Enablement/Disablement process provides a content developer who has an active and valid user profile, the ability to enable and disable the developer root on up to 200 MIDP 2.0 devices per their account profile.

To enable a device for development: Go there now

Developer Certificates & Developer Code Signing

Enbling a java ME device for development will not automatically grant access to the restricetd APIs on the device. You still need to sign your application with developer certificates that are supplied with Sprint Wireless Tool Kit. Please review the Steps to Sign MIDP 2.0 Applications

If you want your own development/code signing for development purposes and If you do not already have a certificate from VeriSign, then you must request a Java Class 3 signed certificate at a cost of $499.00 a year paid to VeriSign.

Production Code Signing

If you are using any of the above restricted APIs, completed your development and want to market your application, you will need to obtain a production signature by becoming a PDP Member.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Usage Questions and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: