Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

MapTileFE.pl / MapTileCacher.perl bugfix forban/servererrors

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Developer Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
humerer
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: MapTileFE.pl / MapTileCacher.perl bugfix forban/servererrors Reply with quote

hi,

i am wondering how MapTileFE.pl v1.23 (or MapTileCacher.perl v1.39) handle a ban on the google server. I got a ban (and still am) so all I get is an error message that automatic requests coming from my location.
not a big deal i thought, but then i saw that the script is still showing me that it downloaded 100% of each tile and the .mgm files grow by 4kb each time.
clearly all the script got was the error message nothing more and nothing less.

the same problem occurs if you use a proxy that doesn't exist or send an error message.

so there is no check if the downloaded file is an PNG file or not. that shouldn't be that hard to implement.

in case that the file isn't a PNG it shouldn't be added to the .mgm file and a second attempt (via different server or proxy) should be done. in case of an error message the message could get analysed and consequences (such as stopping to use the proxy) should be applied.

bye humerer
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Developer Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: