Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

gMapMaker - Map Tile Downloader for Windows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

booBot wrote:
Hello and a Happy New Year!

Is it possible to adapt the gMapMaker to work with the Yandex.Maps?

Not at this time, as far as I can tell Yandex Maps uses a different map projection (ellipsoid Mercator vs. spherical Mercator used in Google Maps -- http://itranga.blogspot.com/2009/03/alert111.html). Hopefully it will be possible in a future version...
harish77r

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: error while generating the map Reply with quote

guys tried so many ways, but watever i do it gives the same error, i jus want the google road maps, for this map file,.. so if any1 can downloadi the maps files and can upload in any way, it will be very helpful..
thanks in advance Smile

Map20100216021706.rar
 Description:
bangalore map

Download
 Filename:  Map20100216021706.rar
 Filesize:  199 Bytes
 Downloaded:  940 Time(s)

iamsinned06

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: problem viewing Map copied in w660i Reply with quote

i have recently copied and installed mgmaps in my SE W660i. ive selected some map areas using http://www.mapcacher.com/ and used gMapMaker to generate .mgm files download it to my PC.

the problem is:

i copied the maps generated by gMapMaker to my fone 1G mem card, but the only map i can views is only one.

the other maps ive put into my fone cannot be viewed.

can anyone help me solve this?

another thing: do i have to put the map file into the same directory as this:
F:/MAPScACHE/davao city17
s0or

Phone Type: 0010411244

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody
I Have a nokia n78 phone and i can't use gps device in my phone
the goodest software for me by this maps is smartcom but it's map's must be marager into one image ok...
but Gmapmaker don't combine 'tt" folder .png files to one image file in HYBRID mode . I can't edit and change Gmapmaker software source for doing this
please one person add this instructions to Gmapmaker .
iamsinned06

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its ok now. ive figured it out already..
forsh86

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. I'm having some issues with gMapMaker.

I've got a .map file and i've set up gMapMaker to download the tiles from google maps as per the tutorial. I've got a proxy set up and everything.

The map file loads fine and downloads the tiles. It takes about a day for it to download all the tiles I ask. But they're not in the cache file like I specified. There loads of folders say "GoogleMap_1" or something. Each folder is empty.

I'm running windows 7 x86.

Any help?

Thanks
trevmar
MGMapper

Phone Type: Blackberry 8120, Nokia 6822

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Christian, thank you for all your work Reply with quote

Christian,
I have used MGMaps for a year, and it has been invaluable, particularly in China. A flight from Chengdu to Changsha was diverted. Well, I think that was what they were trying to tell me, and MGMaps quickly confirmed that fact when I switched on my phone and found us sitting at an airport hundreds of miles from where I thought we were landing. The peace of mind having MGMaps on the Blackberry 8130 in my pocket has been invaluable. I have an 8Gig card loaded with level 11 maps of the whole world, except for water masses, which are only at level 9. I then have additional levels saved for the cities I am visiting.

I just used the latest version of gMapMaker (well, I think it is the latest, it uses the v2.103 maps) to load in some new cities I will visit soon, none of which are covered by my mobile Internet data plan. Every city downloaded without a glitch. Amazing... Thanks for all the work you have done...
TJJ
Junior

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to add support for the UK OS maps that are provided through Multimap? (Available at zoom levels 12 through to 17)
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJJ wrote:
Would it be possible to add support for the UK OS maps that are provided through Multimap? (Available at zoom levels 12 through to 17)

Yes, see this topic: http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?t=2692
ktaragorn
Junior

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Mobile atlas Creator Reply with quote

I realise this might not be well recieved.. but have you thought of integrating MGMaps and http://mobac.dnsalias.org/ ? On all counts but 1(custom shape of maps) it seems to be better than gmapsmaker. Its OSS so should not be too tough to modify for mgmaps yes? its UI is real nice, and for ppl like me juggleing arnd 5-6 .map files, it might be easier on it than gmapmaker
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Mobile atlas Creator Reply with quote

ktaragorn wrote:
I realise this might not be well recieved.. but have you thought of integrating MGMaps and http://mobac.dnsalias.org/ ? On all counts but 1(custom shape of maps) it seems to be better than gmapsmaker. Its OSS so should not be too tough to modify for mgmaps yes? its UI is real nice, and for ppl like me juggleing arnd 5-6 .map files, it might be easier on it than gmapmaker

Well, I'd like to have mgmaps supported by the mobac application, I'll see if I can discuss with the author. I don't find it easier to use, but it supports more map sources, and more output formats.
gmajnkek
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeY!

I am wondering if i can do a map from a whole county at once in zoom level 8 - 17 (talking about Slovenia)... I made a .map file and than i puted it into gMapMaker. The program is working and working... and making such less progress, so i aborted the program.... so here is my question... is it posible to make such a map (whole Slovenia at once) and how long is it taking to make it...

thx & greets!

/edit1 Smile

I finaly made a .map file and than the rest with the gMapMaker... the size of my file now is almost 5Gb... Can i make this file a bit smaller?! Also this... if there is a posibility to add: www.geopedia.si to the Cache program (map of slovenia-updated roads etc...)
gmajnkek
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helo again... my SD card is 8GB size and i cant upload the map on the card?! Not enough space on the card?!?! wtf?

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9663/sizen.jpg
trevmar
MGMapper

Phone Type: Blackberry 8120, Nokia 6822

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in Ljubljana last month I downloaded sizes 0-14 for the whole country, and sizes 14-17 just of the central area around Ljubljana. Just create a control file (.map) with two command lines, one for each magnification

I have the whole world's land-masses at magnifications 0-11, the oceans at 0-6 and the key cities (the ones I visit) I keep at at higher magnification. Even when I add the satellite maps for some of these cities (mostly in China) it still all fits on a 6GB SDHC card in my Blackberry.
gmajnkek
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@trevmar nice. I made a zoom from 8-17 for all slovenia... And i made it on medium speed (detail). So the MGMapsCache is now in size of 4gb... when i start to copy this files to my sd card i takes for hours and hours. I am still copying files from yesterday (1gb left to copy).

do anyone has a soultion how to copy files faster to SD?
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmajnkek wrote:
Helo again... my SD card is 8GB size and i cant upload the map on the card?! Not enough space on the card?!?! wtf?

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9663/sizen.jpg

Download the map data as multiple tiles per file to reduce the number of files. Other than that, it's not a good idea to have high zoom levels for an entire country -- try 8-12 for the entire country and 13-17 for various cities or areas.
ekhorasan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: single image Reply with quote

Hi
I downloaded an area maps of google by GmapMaker software.there is 16 images from this area that was downloaded. how can I merge them to create a single image

best wishes
Delphiir@gmail.com
Werner
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all,

again I must ask for the current config-file of gMapMaker.

I did not use it for several months and now, whern I try to download Google-Sat-pics from Oman, I get only part of it; a lot of tiles are missing.
May be the config-file (as some many months before) must be adapted?!?!?!

Thanks and good night.
Werner
zuluman
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can get a compiled version that actually works on 64-bit? Keep getting the "unhandled exception" error.
zuluman
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the unhandled exception I'm getting isn't restricted to 64-bit. Seems Google changed something in Maps.

Here is the full error:

Code:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.65.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.65.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139'
   at GMDL.iPhoneF.Process_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Global Map Download Tool
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.19340
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.19340
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Darlyn/Downloads/GMDL/obj/Debug/Global%20Map%20Download%20Tool.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.mshtml
    Assembly Version: 7.0.3300.0
    Win32 Version: 7.0.3300.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: