Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Update speed on LG VM510

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sundansx

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Update speed on LG VM510 Reply with quote

I have this installed on a Virgin Mobile Rumor Touch (LG VM510) and the update speed of the internal GPS is pretty slow. I timed it and the update is happening about once every 15 seconds. It is accurate and aquires position pretty fast when it first fires up.
I have used it with stored google maps and web(yahoo) maps and both modes have the update problems.
I have tried all of the GPS settings (5Hz update, update interval = 1 sec) and they do not seem to have an effect.

I have also used google maps on this phone and update speed is very fast - at least 1 per second.

Note: Virgin Mobile works on top of Sprint networks. This is the same phone as the LG LN510 used on Sprint, but it has Virgin mobile firmware.

Note: I am using the LG touchscreen version 1.39.21-lg of the software. the newest version (beta) will not load on my phone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: