Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Is there any way to resume map downloading?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FoxEdu
MGMapper

Phone Type: Moto RokrE2 & Ubiquio 401 with WM5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Is there any way to resume map downloading? Reply with quote

Hi every one. I had downloaded some zoom levels on google maps (sat and roads), but now i found that there is some parts of the zoom level that aren't downloaded. I tried zoom 0-13 in google maps and it works fine. But when i try with zoom level 10 to 12 in google satellite images, every time is the same... there are many absent pieces. My question is... if i download again the same zoom level, the program (gmapmaker) recognizes that there are some files and download just the files that need to be downloaded?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english...?
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Is there any way to resume map downloading? Reply with quote

FoxEdu wrote:
Hi every one. I had downloaded some zoom levels on google maps (sat and roads), but now i found that there is some parts of the zoom level that aren't downloaded. I tried zoom 0-13 in google maps and it works fine. But when i try with zoom level 10 to 12 in google satellite images, every time is the same... there are many absent pieces. My question is... if i download again the same zoom level, the program (gmapmaker) recognizes that there are some files and download just the files that need to be downloaded?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english...?

Yes, it will download only the missing files... By the way, google will temporarily ban you when downloading many satellite tiles in a short time.
FoxEdu
MGMapper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Thanx Reply with quote

Thanks, it seems to work.

By the way... the ban isn't a big trouble for me because i'm using a mac address changer when it happens. Smile
Athanasis
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi foxedu

Does the mac address changer still work with googlemaps?

Because I got banned as well and I don;t know what to do....

Thanks Cristian Streng for the wonderful support to the community... Guys like you make the difference.

Athanasis
FoxEdu
MGMapper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...

Last time i did that it works, but there is another option, a program called sasplanet or satplanet. I really don't understand at all how to convert the cache from this program to mgmaps cache, but you could try and had better luck than me.

Keep in mind that mac change just work with some ISPs.
Athanasis
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man....

I am not sure if it works.

Keep in touch....

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: