Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Samsung S8000 Jet

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Usage Questions and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteFalcon

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Samsung S8000 Jet Reply with quote

Hi there,

just want to report that MGMaps works fine on Samsung Jet... and also to say thanks for this nice app! Smile It is especially great with the support of Google maps. Following the detailed tutorial, I grabbed the whole city from Google maps and it looks great on the mobile.
The GPS seems to be rather picky, sometimes it follows even when going by a tram, sometimes it sticks to a single place even though I have crossed a bridge with clear sky above. But I guess it is due to the chip itself, not MGMaps.
I also tried leaving the tool to download all the country from Google maps. It took about 20 hours, spit out over 2.5GB in who-knows-how-many files so I have been deleting them for two hours now and there is still lots to go Wink
So simply: if you have a Jet, go for it.
writerx
MGMapper

Phone Type: Samsung Jet S8000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi WhiteFalcon,

I'm also a Jet-user, but I have very big difficulties, because MGMaps doesn't show any maps on my Jet.

I already tryed many things, but it seems to be hopeless... see also: http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?p=15634

But as I read your post it seems as if you're my last hope.

- Can you please tell me exactly what you did to get MGmaps run and show the saved offline-maps?

- What firmware do you use on your Jet?

- Did you also get your maps from http://www.mapcacher.com/ and what were your settings there (Zoom Level, level of detail, type of map)?

- perhaps you can send me your *.map-file?

Thanks a 1000 times!!!
rickb

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: S8000 XXIG1 -> XEJA1 Reply with quote

The good news is that MGMaps works fine for me in offline mode with stored maps on my S8000 Jet.

I previously had the XXIG1 firmware in which the GPS seemed not to work at all. So using the instructions here http://darkforestgroup.com/, I upgraded it to XEJA1. Now GPS works-ish. But it doesn't seem to work in MGMaps though.

Rick
writerx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rickb,

now the questions to you:

- Did you also get your maps from http://www.mapcacher.com/ and what were your settings there (Zoom Level, level of detail, type of map)?

- perhaps you can send me your *.map-file?

Thanks!
writerx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rickb,

are you still there? If yes, I would really be pleased to get some replies from you to my questions above....still got the same problem, and it seems as if there are no other Jet-users using MGMaps Sad

Thanks a lot!
writerx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

writerx wrote:
Hi rickb,

are you still there?

doesn't seem so... Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Usage Questions and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: