Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Sanyo Incognito 6760 - 910 Authorization failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Usage Questions and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
switchbit

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Sanyo Incognito 6760 - 910 Authorization failure Reply with quote

I was interested in this for a new sanyo 6760 phone. It's on Boost (sprint CDMA), and seems similar to other sprint sanyo CDMA phones - same menu's, built-in browser, software, etc.

The generic version loads and works fine, but can't seem to find any GPS data for location (ie, Where Am I? returns error).

Trying with the sprint GPS versions, and always getting:

Data Error 910
Application Authorization Failure

I've gone through attempts install using other sprint/sanyo phones - dev certificate is verified ON, root dev access enabled, etc.

I've uploaded the .zip to the sprint ADP uploader, and that doesn't work either.

Is there just something broken with the Sprint 1.39.20 releases?

With the 1.39.21, there is no install error.

Thanks for any further info. Would love to report back on this new phone and if I can get the Sprint GPS version working with it Smile
Fidelio
Junior

Phone Type: Sanyo SCP-6760

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding from reading various forum posts is that this issue is either:

a) A problem with the signature of the jad file; it may be expired.
b) A problem requiring the phone to be placed in developer mode and unlocking a certificate feature of the phone.

I think (b) is more likely the problem.

I personally tried to place the phone in developer mode but that didn't work. Currently, I am waiting for a data cable to arrive so I may figure out the MSL unlock code. Once the cable arrives, I'll try some of the suggestions in this post:

http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?t=538

Has anyone else had any success with using the GPS on the Sanyo SCP-6760?
Fidelio
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted Sprint about this issue and they responded with the following:

Quote:

Your app apparently using the Qualcomm Java Application Extensions for Location that are no longer supported on new Sprint devices including the Sanyo 6760. You should use JSR-179 APIs instead.

Best Regards,

Jay Indurkar
Sprint Application Developer Program
http://developer.sprint.com
Email: jay.indurkar@sprint.com
Phone:913-220-3984

I recall reading about the JSR-179 APIs in other threads, and will have to try an installation with one of those versions, if supported.
39testing
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i have the same phone, and am looking at getting this to work...anyone know how?
39testing
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone?
cyberbiker
MGMapper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your app apparently using the Qualcomm Java Application Extensions for Location that are no longer supported on new Sprint devices including the Sanyo 6760. You should use JSR-179 APIs instead.
Jay Indurkar
Sprint Application Developer Program
http://developer.sprint.com
Email: jay.indurkar@sprint.com
Phone:913-220-3984
Anyone know how to install or use the JSR-179 API?

Is it something we do with out phones or is it something that needs to be programmed into Mobile Gmaps application?

Fidelio
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberbiker wrote:
Is it something we do with out phones or is it something that needs to be programmed into Mobile Gmaps application?

If you install the generic release, then attempt to use GPS location, the debug log of the application contains some exceptions that suggest the phone is blocking the usage of the internal GPS device:

Code:
java.lang.SecurityException
Error initializing location services
Missing security permission com.sprintpcs.util.Location.msbased

Error initializing SprintAPI
Application not authorized to access the restricted API

I've emailed Sprint about this, and was very specific about asking how to disable this lock, or install the correct certificate. My suspicion is we need to perform a similar task as what was is required for the Razr (modifying the phone's internal _policy.txt or PERM settings). I'm not certain I'll get a response back, but if I do, I'll post the response.
39testing
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i got the same exact error. i cannot figure it out. ic alled sprint, they said to go to a store. i went to the store, they said to call tech! i did that, they said to call kyocera! ugh. so i wish the original creator this app would chim in and tell us how to do this.

i did try the java keytool thing, but i downloaded it, and then have no clue what to do. like, i open it up and it just runs in the background. nothing to actually work with. i opened the admin console, and that has no mention of a keytool utility. very annoying.
39testing
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i pmed the creator, and have not heard back as of yet. very disappointing we cannot get anything on our sprint phones.
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fidelio wrote:
If you install the generic release, then attempt to use GPS location, the debug log of the application contains some exceptions that suggest the phone is blocking the usage of the internal GPS device:

Code:

I think this can be disabled from the application jad file ie. list the com.sprintpcs.util.Location.msbased permission under MIDlet-Permissions or MIDlet-Permissions-Opt. Let me know exactly which version of MGMaps you installed and I'll add it and re-sign it.

Cristian
Fidelio
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
I think this can be disabled from the application jad file ie. list the com.sprintpcs.util.Location.msbased permission under MIDlet-Permissions or MIDlet-Permissions-Opt. Let me know exactly which version of MGMaps you installed and I'll add it and re-sign it.

Thanks for looking into this Cristian. I'm using verision 1.39.21 (generic release) build date August 21 2009.
39testing
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dled the same. I also tried the latest sprint version you have on the DL page, and neither will access the GPS. Please let us know what to do. I do not know how to do all that stuff you said above lol. I just thought we needed the verisign thing updated, as we use that newer type of Java 179 thing.

Thanks!
cyberbiker
MGMapper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

39testing,
1. Did you buy your phone brand new or get it second hand?
2. Had you ever used MGmaps on any previous phone with the same phone number?

As you know I am having the same failure to download issues and am still trying to identify the cause. In my case I have installed MGmaps successfully on three previous Sanyo 8400 phones (Sprint). Now I am in contact with Sprint developers to see if, somehow, my phone authentication is in conflict with a previous authentication for the same number, even though my current phone did authenticate and all previous phones that were authenticated have been removed from the Sprint Developer site.

Will share my findings.

39testing
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Christian, have you been able to look at this?

Biker, I can DL the product and get it to open. I can see and zoom in on maps. I just cannot use the GPS, which obviously makes this useless. My phone was bought brand new, and my number has been mine, brand new, for 10 years.

The issue for me is that it cannot access the GPS. I have the same error as the person above posted.

Your old phones may have wored fine b/c they were the old type of java. Now you need the jsr-179 thing.

Thanks
39testing
Junior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so any updates on this?
39testing
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone?
39testing
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it appears this just will not work.
Fidelio
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
Fidelio wrote:

Code:

I've been tinkering with the unsigned jad for the generic 1.39.21 release, and made some progress. I added the following permissions to MIDlet-Permissions:

com.sprintpcs.util.Location.msbased
com.sprintpcs.util.Location.autonomous

When I start the application, it requests permission to use the location functionality of the phone, which is a good sign. However, I can not figure out how to resolve the following exception from the debug log.

The developer certificate is installed on the phone. Does this sound like a signing issue?

Last edited by Fidelio on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Fidelio
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fidelio wrote:
I added the following permissions to MIDlet-Permissions:

When I start the application, it requests permission to use the location functionality of the phone, which is a good sign. However, I can not figure out how to resolve the following exception from the debug log.

The developer certificate is installed on the phone. Does this sound like a signing issue?

Sprint notes that use of JSR-179 (among others) generally constitutes use of a restricted API (see http://developer.sprint.com/site/global/develop/device_activation/deviceactivation.jsp). If there are any J2ME developers out there reading this, could you try to sign the JAR/JAD pair with the JAD changes I noted above and the Sprint Developer certificate?

I'm going to try to do this later this week, but it will take some time for me to get set up (I've never used the JDK or any Java development environment) -- I'll post the signed JAD if I am successful.
Fidelio
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fidelio wrote:
I added the following permissions to MIDlet-Permissions:

I started looking at this again, and was able to sign the modified midlet (see attached mgmaps-unsigned-fullurl.jad) with the sprintadp certificate provided in the Sprint WTK 3.3.1 (see attached mgmaps-devsigned-fullurl.jad). However, when attempting to install the dev-signed jad, I am presented with the "909-Application Authorization Failure" error.

I am under the impression that the sprintadp certificate matches the certificate given to devices when enabled for development via the Sprint ADP web site. Perhaps not though, as I can't think of a good reason why the install didn't work.

Cristian, could you please try to sign the posted unsiged jad with your certificate and post the resulting jad? I'll report on the result of the installation attempt.

mgmaps-jad-SCP-6760.zip
 Description:
Contains modified midlets with sprint permissions for SCP-6760 location services.

Download
 Filename:  mgmaps-jad-SCP-6760.zip
 Filesize:  3.47 KB
 Downloaded:  817 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Usage Questions and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: