Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Stored map location

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RPS

Phone Type: Samsung SGH-A697

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Stored map location Reply with quote

I'm currently using v1.42.1 Generic with my Samsung SGH-A697. This is a touch screen phone. I've tried various version of MGMaps and they all seem to work fine online but I can't seem to get any of them to work offline. I'm pretty sure the problem has to do with the program finding the stored maps location. I've tried using the "Browse..." feature but I just get a forward slash "/". It may be that this phone will not allow offline use with this program. Any help on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bob
jackk
Junior

Phone Type: 017757826576

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: I'm having same problem on LG with touchscree Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem with my LG Prime touchscreen phone. Regardeless of where I save the file, MGMaps cannot find them. I have been working for two days trying different addresses and different locations for MGMapsCache to no avail.
I hope that yu get some help that might help me
eddieprice
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Stored map location Reply with quote

I am using an s5620 Monte. I used the LG version 1.42.01. The maps are stored on a memory card. From settings/stored maps I used Browse. The top level directory was Mmc/. I had created a folder MGMapscache, as recommended in the Tutorial, so this was the next pathway. I had also created a folder Southern Italy_Z12, I used a zoom factor of 12, where the maps were stored, so this was the next pathway, and finally there was MGMapsCache created by the map caching tool. So I ended up with :

Mmc/MGMapscache/Southern Italy_Z12/MGMapsCache/

It worked, much to my surprise.

Eddie Price
alexander70
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! By default, the program offers a way for the maps: E:/MGMapsCach. In my phone Samsung Monte S5620 I renamed the card to the "E". That means I have to agree with the program and leave the path E:/MGMapsCach?

Sincerely, Alexander
alexander70
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose the path Mms / MGMapsCache, but the maps still to be seen. What type of card should I choose? What other important settings, which I should pay attention to?

Sincerely, Alexander
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: