Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

MGMaps still under active development?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Development version 1.40
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJJ
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: MGMaps still under active development? Reply with quote

Just curious, as i'm an experienced J2ME programmer with lots of free time, and have a personal interest in using and improving MGMaps.
cyclon1978@web.de
Junior

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The source is available, i did some rework special for my phone and some changes to support really huge maps (> 5 GB total) with limited number of files/directories.

Maybe it would be possible to work together if Christian allows write access to a "community-branch"? Or a google code, sourceforge solution...

It would be a shame if the code generated from devoted developers would not find it's way back for the benefit of all users.

greetings,

Andreas
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: MGMaps still under active development? Reply with quote

TJJ wrote:
Just curious, as i'm an experienced J2ME programmer with lots of free time, and have a personal interest in using and improving MGMaps.

Hi,

At this time I can't say the development is active... I'm working on some other projects and had to postpone all the ideas I had for MGMaps. So any contribution is appreciated Smile You can contact me directly by PM or email (cristian dot streng at mgmaps dot com) and we can discuss about future improvements.

Regards,
Cristian Streng
MGMaps
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyclon1978@web.de wrote:
The source is available, i did some rework special for my phone and some changes to support really huge maps (> 5 GB total) with limited number of files/directories.

Maybe it would be possible to work together if Christian allows write access to a "community-branch"? Or a google code, sourceforge solution...

It would be a shame if the code generated from devoted developers would not find it's way back for the benefit of all users.

greetings,

Andreas

I sent an answer to Andreas by email, it would be great to have a few developers work on MGMaps, anyone interested please post here.
ginzon
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
I recently joined the forum as I found this piece of software very interesting but seeing the last wen it was updated I wanted to know whether the development by other interested developers have also stopped??
ok I know Cristian Streng is busy with other tasks, so mentioned other dev's...
So is the source available to all yet if yes i would like to request for it as I am plannin for some modifications to suite my phone.. well all is working good with 1.4.x version but still...
Thx..
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Development version 1.40 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: