Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

gMapMaker - Map Tile Downloader for Windows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trex_daemon

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.
When i'm trying to download hybrid image maps, google bans my ip after a short time.
So, when later i restart downloading the same *.map file, it starts downloading from the beginning. Is there a way to download only the rest of the files ?
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trex_daemon wrote:
Hello.
When i'm trying to download hybrid image maps, google bans my ip after a short time.
So, when later i restart downloading the same *.map file, it starts downloading from the beginning. Is there a way to download only the rest of the files ?

Maybe Damien can answer that about gMapMaker, but it should never re-download the same stuff again, it should skip the files already present...
gMapMaker
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trex_daemon wrote:
Hello.

If you have problems with IP banning you can check "use proxy" box.

The normal behaviour of gMapMaker is not to download allready downloaded files store in the cache folder.

user6300
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gMapMaker wrote:
trex_daemon wrote:
Hello.

If you have problems with IP banning you can check "use proxy" box.

The normal behaviour of gMapMaker is not to download allready downloaded files store in the cache folder.

Eagerly awaiting for New Format Download with Multiple Tiles in One File option....
Very Happy
schwupps
MGMapper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone knows when a version wich is working again with mgmaps is coming? I really dont want to install all that Perl Script stuff...
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schwupps wrote:
Anyone knows when a version wich is working again with mgmaps is coming? I really dont want to install all that Perl Script stuff...

I've no idea, I think Damien is taking some holidays, he didn't answer my emails.
HenryC
Power User

Phone Type: Nokia N95

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gMapMaker (v0.5.0.0) is still working for me. Albeit with the old storage file structure, which is still supported by the latest version of Mobile GMaps.

I don't think gMapMaker can download GoogleHyb though. I have tried enabling the "Use proxy" option. But the gMapMaker gives me an "Unhandled exception" error with "Bad .map file". I have tried several GoogleHyb .map files, with the same results. (There is no problem running these .map files with the PERL scripts.)
MarcoOSX

Phone Type: MotoMing A1200E

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, i downloaded the map with gMapMaker, now my problem is, where can i find the cordinate for my map?

thanks marco

p.s. sorry for my english, i'm italian Very Happy
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarcoOSX wrote:
Hello, i downloaded the map with gMapMaker, now my problem is, where can i find the cordinate for my map?

thanks marco

p.s. sorry for my english, i'm italian Very Happy

Look in the .map file you used for downloading (open it with a text editor). For each line except the first, the first two numbers are min and max zoom level, the next two numbers are latitude and logitude for a corner and the last two numbers are coords for the opposite corner. In menu -> Go To, enter the latitude/longitude for any of these corners, a zoom level within the range and select the map type specified at the beginning of the file.

I have just uploaded gMapMaker v0.6 beta 1 that writes the 'center' line to auto-center the map (I think it centers on the first map tile downloaded). You can get it from http://www.mgmaps.com/cache

Cristian
MarcoOSX

Phone Type: MotoMing A1200E

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks cristian,
this is my file .map
GoogleMap
00-12: 54.95473443144344, -33.75 : 62.064113493048346, 45
00-12: 40.73597630823364, -22.5 : 54.95473443144344, 45
00-12: 40.73597630823364, 45 : 54.95473443144344, 56.25

i try to put this in the application but nothing appen
icemaNZsea
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: no cache file Reply with quote

i'm trying to create a custom map. I used MGMaps. I have downloaded the .map file from the mgmaps.com/create. When MGMaps finished creating the files, nothing is found in the cache folder. What' wrong?

I'm using a WM 5.0 smartphone, do i need to install the perl stuff?

thanks alot
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: no cache file Reply with quote

icemaNZsea wrote:
i'm trying to create a custom map. I used MGMaps. I have downloaded the .map file from the mgmaps.com/create. When MGMaps finished creating the files, nothing is found in the cache folder. What' wrong?

After downloading the .map file on your computer, use gMapMaker to download all the map tiles for the map described by the .map file. Then copy them to your phone.
icemaNZsea
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: no cache file Reply with quote

i mean, when i use GmapMaker, and when it finished creating the stuff, i can not find anything in the cache folder.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: no cache file Reply with quote

icemaNZsea wrote:
i mean, when i use GmapMaker, and when it finished creating the stuff, i can not find anything in the cache folder.

OK... maybe your .map file was not good (send it attached). What operating system are you using? Some users reported problems with gMapMaker on 64-bit Windows Vista.
icemaNZsea
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: no cache file Reply with quote

i'm using vista 32 bit, NOT 64bit. before i had problem when using .map of fast and rough. the GMapMaker gave an error bad .map file. When I use medium or slow, it works, but i can not find any output file.

is it true that i should only download 1 zoom level per file. anyway,i tried this and it still did not work.

thanks for the quick reponse.

Map20071110104147.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Map20071110104147.zip
 Filesize:  463 Bytes
 Downloaded:  1307 Time(s)

Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: no cache file Reply with quote

icemaNZsea wrote:
i'm using vista 32 bit, NOT 64bit. before i had problem when using .map of fast and rough. the GMapMaker gave an error bad .map file. When I use medium or slow, it works, but i can not find any output file.

is it true that i should only download 1 zoom level per file. anyway,i tried this and it still did not work.

thanks for the quick reponse.

Well, try to remove the version of gMapMaker that you have and the gMapMaker config folder (C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\gMapMaker) then reinstall it, it must work... Smile The output folder is named MGMapsCache and is the one shown at the top of the application window (by default C:\Program Files\gMapMaker\MGMapsCache)
icemaNZsea
Junior

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: :s Reply with quote

hmm, it now works fine after reinstalling. weird...
btw, i've just found out that it cannot do offline driving direction. :<
i thought the whole point of having stored map is to have offline direction...
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: :s Reply with quote

icemaNZsea wrote:
hmm, it now works fine after reinstalling. weird...

Well, maybe you had an older version of gMapMaker installed initially and the settings were kept, and for some reasons they were in conflict with the MGMaps features.

icemaNZsea wrote:
btw, i've just found out that it cannot do offline driving direction. :<
i thought the whole point of having stored map is to have offline direction...

No, directions are not possible offline (they are computed on the providers' servers). However, directions use very little bandwidth so you can use them without being too worried about high network usage costs.
tpran
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Does the latest version (0.6) support multiple tiles per file. If yes, what is the setting?
Thanks
schwupps
MGMapper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get 0.6?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: