Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Differences IE7 and Firefox

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Web Sites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newyorktaxi
Junior

Phone Type: Nokia E90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Differences IE7 and Firefox Reply with quote

Hi all.

I placed a map on my site following the code provided. In Firefox all is ok, right position, zoom level and a blue marker. However the position in IE7 is off about 3 kilometers and the marker (which is also red) is even outside the viewing window. Same code, different results.

Any idea?
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Differences IE7 and Firefox Reply with quote

newyorktaxi wrote:
Hi all.

I placed a map on my site following the code provided. In Firefox all is ok, right position, zoom level and a blue marker. However the position in IE7 is off about 3 kilometers and the marker (which is also red) is even outside the viewing window. Same code, different results.

Any idea?

The marker color depends on whether you're logged in or not to gmap-track. But you're right, IE7 does not correctly center the map. I'll check the code and see what happens, I noticed it often does not display the map at all. Could be a problem with my code, could also be something in the google maps code...
newyorktaxi
Junior

Phone Type: Nokia E90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo Christian,

Thanks for answering. I noticed another IE7 flaw: when i move the mouse pointer onto the marker the screen blanks instead of displaying the information as usual. And again, Firefox works OK on this.
I hope you find a solution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Web Sites All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: