Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

incomplete display on P9xxi

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Developer Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kolaf
Developer

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: incomplete display on P9xxi Reply with quote

I'm using my sister-in-law for debugging tracking future since she has a different phone than me, and is also a ham. She's using a P9xxI something from Sony Ericsson, and she's experiencing a problem with one of my setup screens. The setup screen is a simple form with seven text fields, your back command, and my own OK command. When she enters this form she gets a message that the display is incomplete, and when she tries scrolling downwards to see the bottom of the form she gets an out of memory error.

The weird thing is that it works on my own 6630, which I would assume has less memory available than her new P-something. I'm in the process of doing some debugging to see the amount of available memory and so forth, but seeing as it only happens when that specific APRS setup form is displayed I would think it is more of a specific problem with that form.

I know you can't make any real suggestions based on this, but have you see in such behaviour previously?
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something similar happened to me with my Nokia 6600, it has bugs in the implementation of Display.setCurrent(Alert, Displayable). That's why I'm using a workaround and displaying alerts as simple forms with a timer that forward to other forms. However, this is not a problem with Sony-Ericsson phones, as far as I know.

Anyway, I assume it's a bug in your code - or maybe you are just using some functionality that is not implemented correctly on the P990.

Cristian
kolaf
Developer

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seemed like it could be a memory problem. I do not see where the bug could be in such a simple form when the fault occurs not when the form is displayed, but when she tried scrolling down.

Anyway, I removed one field from the form and it then seemed to work correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Developer Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: