Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Bluetooth pairing with Motorola v3xx?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmusciano

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Bluetooth pairing with Motorola v3xx? Reply with quote

I am trying to use Mobile GMaps with a Cingular-branded Motorola v3xx. The map portion works fine, but I cannot get the phone to connect via Bluetooth with my Delorme Earthmate GPS. When I select "Bluetooth" as the GPS, the app successfully polls for and locates the Delorme GPS, identifying it by name. Unfortunately, it never pairs with the GPS, so it never establishes a full connection.

How can I get the phone to pair with the GPS? Has anyone got this combination working?
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth pairing with Motorola v3xx? Reply with quote

cmusciano wrote:
I am trying to use Mobile GMaps with a Cingular-branded Motorola v3xx. The map portion works fine, but I cannot get the phone to connect via Bluetooth with my Delorme Earthmate GPS. When I select "Bluetooth" as the GPS, the app successfully polls for and locates the Delorme GPS, identifying it by name. Unfortunately, it never pairs with the GPS, so it never establishes a full connection.

How can I get the phone to pair with the GPS? Has anyone got this combination working?

Please make sure that the phone is paired with the GPS before starting MGMaps. If it still doesn't work, try to connect to the GPS (Settings/GPS/Select Device/Bluetooth/select your device/Save), then look in Help/Debug Log and let me know what error messages you get.

Cristian
shansmi
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: BT GPS on a V3xx Reply with quote

I returned my v3xx for this exact reason. The phone is not capable of even seeing the GPS since it is not an audio device. I am trying to find an unlocked / unbranded v3xx to test with to prove my point. I am now using a S/E w810 the is also Cingular branded and I know for a fact they block BT GPS access on 3rd party applications.... thoose greedy DM executives are telling us what we can and connot do with OUR equipment and on top of that charging PRIMO prices for the data plans!
nikonius

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: V3xx & Pharos/Microsoft BT GPS works Reply with quote

I got my RAZR V3xx to work with a BT Microsoft/Pharos GPS using the above method. Works great.
nikonius

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should clarify that I did some SEEM editing on my phone to remove several of the Cingular branding choices. You can find some good info on Jay's blog to get you started in hacking your phone to allow you to use it as Motorola intended.

http://www.summet.com/blog/category/technology/phones/
singeri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikonius wrote:
I should clarify that I did some SEEM editing on my phone to remove several of the Cingular branding choices. You can find some good info on Jay's blog to get you started in hacking your phone to allow you to use it as Motorola intended.

http://www.summet.com/blog/category/technology/phones/

CONFIRMED!! Doing this modification to my V3xx allowed MGMaps to see my Garmin 10X gps....works great! thanks! Very Happy
Stagecoach

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Is there anyway to get a Microsoft/Pharos bluetooth GPS to work with a RAZR v3xx without having to do a bunch of mods to it? I can get it to find it it just stops there. I get an error in the JAVA files. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: