Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

GPS on Motorolla A1000 & E1000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded a new debug version at the same address (http://wap.mgmaps.com/alpha2.html). If you get invalid coords again please look in Help/Debug, you should see some "lat=" and "lon=" messages in the Error Messages section, let me know the values for the latitude and longitude in these messages.

Cristian
mightyEx
MGMapper

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I tried the newer alpha but again the coords are not correct. The debug screen shows

1153419158.279: ERROR: An exception has occured! Exception class java.lang.NullPointerException, message: null, description: Error initialising location services. But gps icon is showing activity. If I got a fix with find the place and I started mgmaps then some coords are shown, but they are wrong.
There is more information in debug section but no coords. Would it be possible to save the log (like a bookmark) ?! Maybe I can access the log using P2KCommander with my PC. Then I can paste the info completly.

coords shown in mgmaps are: lat: 35.46xxxx lon: -98.43xxxx
The right ones are the same from my last post.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a look over the code, and I think this error can only occur if the GPS cannot be initialized - if you know Java programming, the code that throws the exception is:
Code:
ps = (PositionSource) Connector.open("location://");
ps.addPositionListener(this);
ps.generatePosition(POSITION_ACCURACY, UPDATE_INTERVAL, 0);

I added some more debugging info and I updated the files at http://wap.mgmaps.com/alpha2.html, but I'm pretty sure that the motomu stuff did not work fine and location services still cannot be accessed by MGMaps on your phone. Give it a try and let me know what error messages you get now.

Cristian
gpslubitel
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good news!
Non work on my A1000
***.109 ***.156 Error when start program

When i am go Services/GPS-Where Am I?

GPS Error

GPS position not yet determined ....

Error Messages
Error: An exception has occured! Exception class java.lang.Security.Exception, message: Permission=com.symbian.midp.io.protocol.location, description: Error initializing Motorola location services

Help.
Islwyn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry that I change the subject a little guys, but I have only bluetooth connection between my PC and Motorola E1000, and I want to use motomu to give access rights to the GPS midlets. Though I cant do it because motomu asks me to point on a file in the phone which I cant access (J2MEST) because I cant explore my phone through the PC. (I hope u understood that all Rolling Eyes )
Well, can anyone help me and suggest a software that allows "exploring" the phone through the PC? or how else can I point on the J2MEST file?
Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.
aseel ayad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi every one Very Happy
I am new to the forum but I was wathching your work and it is great
I would like to help, I had an A925 and A1000 befor and I am using E1000 now.
I used the SmartComgps for A925 and A1000 (SIS extension) and it is very great try it and you will see the deferance Cool .
get it for http://rapidshare.de/files/30680904/SmartComGPS_v1_1_.2.rar.html
It is full with crack(you need file manager to copy the crack into the prgram folder after installation) Idea
you can make your won map using the ogf tool.
can any one pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help me and tell me what software can work for sure on the motorola E1000 because I tried every thing and nothing worked(MGMaps, find the place, emgps) Mad
help me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Ps. If you need any information about the smartcomgps please do ask Cool [/b]
k500zm
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Motorola GPS status update please Reply with quote

Hi - Great program - Thanks,

Will you be RE - adding the support for motorola gps mobiles ?

I've been using the program FINDTHEPLACE on the e1000 for over a year now and it works (after using motomu) giving exact co-ordinates.

There is now a new program 'motomidman' that can install mgmaps with full access like with motomu but without all the hassle, so the gps will work...

If you need any testing done or info I can help out Smile

I get reliable fixes

k500zm
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently found the bug that gave wrong coordinates, so I'm going to re-add support for Motorola GPS. I'm going to include it in a different package (not in the main MGMaps) at least until it is well tested. I'll announce it here when I have a new alpha version available.

Cristian
k500zm
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristian - That is GREAT news

I cannot wait to start testing it Smile
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have another test version with support for Motorola internal location API available at http://wap.mgmaps.com/alpha2.html. In order to test it, select "Internal (Moto)" for the GPS Device in Settings/GPS, then select GPS/Where Am I or enable GPS Sync. Let me know if it works!

Cristian
k500zm
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristian It works great Razz

Incredible, what more can I say ?

You are the man Smile
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news!!! Can you describe exactly what you did in order to unlock/enable the program? Did you run motomu? I'm going to add the application to the main WAP page and I want to update the documentation with all the information about enabling or unlocking it.

Thanks,
Cristian
k500zm
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, to install apps with full privaledges you can use the new motomidman

http://dwalx.motofan.ru/mmm.php

make sure 'install new midlets with full access' is ticked in the settings

It all works after this.....
alfredduncan
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Connecting A1000 to Motomidman Reply with quote

Can you help me with my A1000. I have installed motomidman as suggested but cannot get it to connect to the A1000. When I plug the A1000 into the PC using the USB cable nothing happens on Motomidman. It still says disconnected at the bottom of the app. In the settings section it does display the com port with the Motorola USB modem visible.

If I can get this working then I can unlock the Midlet for GPS usage on my A1000.
Your help would be appreciated.
mightyEx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to work now. And I think it's time to flash my phone to R26LD firmware. With my E1000 prefix firmware mgmaps shows the correct coordinates but can't load the map although I have choosen a web profile. I think this problem is because E1000 prefix firmware tries to get gps assistance information from the provider. Now if there is a poor gps satellite coverage but good enough to get a position fix the phone tries to get assistance information anyway. I think this disturbs the map loading.
With R26LD firmware the phone doesn't try to get assistance data. I think it's not a problem of the mgmaps alpha version. I've saved the coordinates as a bookmark. After restarting the phone (exiting the application wasn't enough) I disabled the internal gps. Then I started the alpha and tried to load the map from the bookmark. This time it worked well and did show the map. The accuracy from the position fix was about 50 to 100 m.

Motomidletsmanager (V0.45.09B) is working well with E1000. To use it with E1000 prefix firmware the MotoMidMan.ini has to be modified. Just open the ini with any editor like notepad and go to the line "Mode4 = R26LD R26". Now add a space after the last entry and add "E1000" so the line looks as "Mode4 = R26LD R26 E1000". Now Motomidletsmanager can handle E1000 prefix firmware too.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great, I have added the program to the wap page (http://wap.mgmaps.com), and I'm planning a new release very soon that will include the latest changes. When that is done I'm going to post a message on the news page to announce support for internal GPS on Motorola phones.

Cristian
k500zm
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news Cristian - and thanks again Smile

mightyEx - Hi it's k500zm here-from 3g.co.uk, hope you are well

My latest e1000 monsterpack r26....27i works great with gps
I have created my own flex from scratch with all gps hidden functions and all important other functions enabled etc etc...
http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/showthread.php?t=40801

Also I have used an external antenna which does not have the correct connector type (which does not exist in any obtainable form)

But I modified it, which worked temporarily and had the antenna working for a couple of weeks and the e1000 worked perfectly, until the connector fell apart - I sat inside a bus and got a complete fix for the whole 7 mile route !

I have a solution for the connector but am waiting for the parts....

All info is at 3g.co.uk in the normal thread Smile
mightyEx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@k500zm: thanks I'm fine Wink . I've read your post with the external antenna in 3g.co.uk. Sounds great. Maybe it's possible to create an adapter or something similar.
Thanx for the monsterpack link.
mightyEx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashed my E1000 successfully to R26LD firmware. Now mgmaps is loading maps to the fixed position. I tried it today outside at home and it was very exact (accuracy about 5 to 10 m). Congratulation Cristian Razz . You've created the first application to use the inbuilt Moto GPS with maps. So now it's not only usable in theory but also in reality to navigate.
alfredduncan
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Cannot install Mgmaps using motomidman on A1000 Reply with quote

I've been able to connect to my A1000 using motomidman now. When I try to install MGmaps jar file using the install button on motomidman it goes through the process of installation and completes. When I check the apps on my A1000 I find that it is not there.

Can anyone help ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: