V 1.42 Overlays appearing over new buttons for Touch screen
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MGMaps -> Usage Questions and Problems

#1: V 1.42 Overlays appearing over new buttons for Touch screen Author: amol12 PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:58 am
    —
Thankyou Cristian for this wonderful application. I have been using this for last few months in India (Pune to be precise) and this works really great.

1. I have installed the latest version 1.42.00 and noticed following issue
If I enable overlays and select "Position/Speed" overlay, it appears over the newly added buttons for touch screen based phones. Can the overlay be moved so that the buttons are not hidden?

2. I have been using version 1.41.04 for a while and noticed that the position/speed are not being refreshed according to settings in "Mobile Tracking". The refresh seems to happen constantly at about 5 sec, irrespective of the setting in "Mobile Tracking". To test, I installed google maps and it works better (refreshes at a higher rate than mgmaps) thereby giving me more accurate location while I am moving.
I am using mgmaps on HTC Touch Diamond which has internal GPS.

3. On version 1.41.04, the backlight of the phone used to switch off even if "Always on" was checked in settings.

I will test this 2 and 3 again with the latest version. But if there were no changes in these from 1.41.04, I can provide you with more info as you need.

#2: Re: V 1.42 Overlays appearing over new buttons for Touch scr Author: Cristian Streng PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:38 pm
    —
amol12 wrote:
1. I have installed the latest version 1.42.00 and noticed following issue
If I enable overlays and select "Position/Speed" overlay, it appears over the newly added buttons for touch screen based phones. Can the overlay be moved so that the buttons are not hidden?

Yeah, this is a bug introduced with the new UI, we'll move it in the next version.

amol12 wrote:
2. I have been using version 1.41.04 for a while and noticed that the position/speed are not being refreshed according to settings in "Mobile Tracking". The refresh seems to happen constantly at about 5 sec, irrespective of the setting in "Mobile Tracking". To test, I installed google maps and it works better (refreshes at a higher rate than mgmaps) thereby giving me more accurate location while I am moving.
I am using mgmaps on HTC Touch Diamond which has internal GPS.

Hmm... I think there may be some hardcoded values, I'll check.

amol12 wrote:
3. On version 1.41.04, the backlight of the phone used to switch off even if "Always on" was checked in settings.

The backlight setting may not work on Windows Mobile, it only works well on Nokia, Sony-Ericsson, Blackberry, and I think some Motorolas/Samsungs.

#3: Re: V 1.42 Overlays appearing over new buttons for Touch scr Author: amol12 PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:09 pm
    —
Thanks for your reply.
Cristian Streng wrote:

Yeah, this is a bug introduced with the new UI, we'll move it in the next version.

Ok.
Cristian Streng wrote:

Hmm... I think there may be some hardcoded values, I'll check.

Probably its UPDATE_INTERVAL being used at line 64 of GPSInternal:
provider.setLocationListener(this, UPDATE_INTERVAL, UPDATE_INTERVAL, -1);

Cristian Streng wrote:

The backlight setting may not work on Windows Mobile, it only works well on Nokia, Sony-Ericsson, Blackberry, and I think some Motorolas/Samsungs.

Ok, I think I will have to manage it in windows.

#4: Re: V 1.42 Overlays appearing over new buttons for Touch scr Author: Cristian Streng PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:14 am
    —
amol12 wrote:
Probably its UPDATE_INTERVAL being used at line 64 of GPSInternal:
provider.setLocationListener(this, UPDATE_INTERVAL, UPDATE_INTERVAL, -1);

No, because that line is only used if Props.gpsNeedsUpdateInterval is true, which happens only on Siemens SXG75.

#5: GPSport Author: amol12 PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:38 am
    —
Hi Christian,
I was using internal GPS instead of GPSGate and I think that was the cause for position not being updated frequently (2).
Read your messege http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?p=13856#13856 and configured for GPSGate and it seems to work fine. I will update again when I will go for a drive!

#6:  Author: nomad08Location: 59.44 / 24.70 PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:58 pm
    —
Unfortunately in the new version the "Position/speed" overlay is still under the bar. I also noticed the huge map type overlay button which won't go away independent of what I do (I removed all overlays), however this is only with 1.42.01.
MGMaps is still great after all this time but it could be better, simple customization options would go a long way - positioning of all overlays for example ("bottom right", "middle right", "top left" etc).

#7:  Author: micutu PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:05 am
    —
it is possible to see only the speed, without the position?



MGMaps -> Usage Questions and Problems


output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group