Integration of mapCacher
Select messages from
# through # FAQ

MGMaps -> Suggest Features

#1: Integration of mapCacher Author: MrTom PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:44 pm
Am a new user of MGMaps. Have it installed in a Blackberry Pearl 8120 with a Freedom 2000 GPS Bluetooth Receiver. Software works great especially with the ability to create files via Shustrik's MapCacher Creation Tool for MGMaps. The process is so simple and easy to use I am surprised that it is not apart of the MGMaps application package. I think it could be built as a stand alone similar to the USAPhotoMaps that gets data from TerraServer.
It is possible that eventually the website link could be closed , so the integration of the MapCacher tool would be ideal and I would seriously consider paying for it...

#2: Great thought...let's take it a step further as well Author: robhercLocation: Seadrift, TX PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:11 pm
Hmmm, since I'm using a BlackBerry Curve 8900 with a 4GB (soon to change to 16GB) MicroSD, that idea sounds awesome to me. I'd even LOVE to see a port of gMapMaker (signed, of course) that I could install on my BB to download the map tiles directly to my phone when I'm at home, and attached to WiFi.

That said, as a developer (sorry, not comfortable enough with Java yet to volunteer in the repository) I'm seeing both of these features being memory+storage hogs, so it'd make it so Christian and the rest of the MGMaps devs would have to develop yet another (or, more realistically, 2 more) release of the software (i.e. MGMaps; MGMaps+Shustrik's; MGMaps+Shustrik's&gMapMaker), so I won't be too upset if I don't see these features added anytime soon Wink

MGMaps -> Suggest Features

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1