Map Download Tool (Mobile Atlas Creator)
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MGMaps -> Stored Maps

#1: Map Download Tool (Mobile Atlas Creator) Author: billy06Location: lowestoft u.k PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:44 pm
    —
MAC now supports MGMaps output more info http://sourceforge.net/projects/trekbuddyatlasc/ very easy to use to create many maps

#2:  Author: pnear PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:36 pm
    —
I downloaded the latest version of MAC (1.Cool, and don't see an atlas format setting for MGMaps.

I'm new to all of this, looking for an offline map solution for my blackberry, so perhaps I've just missed something. What format should I be using in MAC 1.8 to save for use in MGM?

Peter

#3:  Author: Cristian Streng PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:29 pm
    —
pnear wrote:
I downloaded the latest version of MAC (1.Cool, and don't see an atlas format setting for MGMaps.

I'm new to all of this, looking for an offline map solution for my blackberry, so perhaps I've just missed something. What format should I be using in MAC 1.8 to save for use in MGM?

Peter

Try the preview version 1.9 as suggested here http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?p=16528#16528

#4: Creating maps from MOBAC for Mobile GMaps in 3 easy steps Author: koumes6378 PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:40 pm
    —
What do you need:
1. Mobile Atlas Creator 1.8
2. OSMTracker To MGMaps Convertor
3. Tutorial with How-to



TutorialOSMTrackerToMGMaps.zip
 Description:
Tutorial with How-To

Download
 Filename:  TutorialOSMTrackerToMGMaps.zip
 Filesize:  862.75 KB
 Downloaded:  2185 Time(s)


OSMTracker2MGMaps..zip
 Description:
OSMTracker To MGMaps Convertor 1.0

Download
 Filename:  OSMTracker2MGMaps..zip
 Filesize:  13.07 KB
 Downloaded:  1963 Time(s)


#5:  Author: rockpilp PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:08 pm
    —
Actually, you only need Mobile Atlas Creator, but the MGM module is only available in the pre-release version 1.9.

I contributed the MGM output module to MOBAC to make it easier for users to generate MGM maps for MyTrails (my Android spiritual port of MGMaps), and I wrote a short MGM-focused howto.

#6:  Author: trk PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:52 am
    —
rockpilp wrote:
Actually, you only need Mobile Atlas Creator, but the MGM module is only available in the pre-release version 1.9.

I contributed the MGM output module to MOBAC to make it easier for users to generate MGM maps for MyTrails (my Android spiritual port of MGMaps), and I wrote a short MGM-focused howto.


I just downloaded MyTrails for Android, then I downloaded MOBAC 1.9 preview 12 to make offline maps, but I can't get it to create the MGM maps.

The tiles download fine but then it just completely skips the map creation part without giving me any errors... It says "Atlas creation finished successfully" but when I go to the atlas folder all it has is a folder with a cache.conf file and another empty folder.

I tried an older 1.9 preview version, two different source maps, different size selections and nothing worked. I also tried to convert to different formats (.AQM and .KMZ) and they worked perfectly fine, they did a map creation step after the tile download.

I find it weird that I don't get any errors and it just skips a step. I'm running Win 7 x64 and the contents of all the cache.conf files is "version=3\tiles_per_file=64\hash_size=1". Anyone know whats up? Thanks.

#7:  Author: rockpilp PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:33 am
    —
Could you save the MOBAC profile and post it here so I can replicate?

How many tiles does MOBAC indicate that your selected zoom levels and area include?

#8:  Author: ginzon PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:01 pm
    —
I used MOBAC 1.9 beta 1 (it supports Google Maps n MGMaps thats y) now when i transfer maps to my phone it does not display any map to me...
I use 1.4.x version of it..
so any suggestions??

#9:  Author: rockpilp PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:18 am
    —
There was a bug until 1.9 final, which is available for download at the MOBAC SourceForge site.

#10:  Author: ginzon PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:40 pm
    —
rockpilp wrote:
There was a bug until 1.9 final, which is available for download at the MOBAC SourceForge site.


Ya but the problem is the final one doesnt support Google Maps n I want it...



MGMaps -> Stored Maps


output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group