iPhone and MGMaps
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MGMaps -> Miscellaneous

#1: iPhone and MGMaps Author: jockyw2001 PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:35 am
    —
Did someone with an iPhone get MGMaps to work? I might get one if it does.

#2: Re: iPhone and MGMaps Author: Cristian Streng PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:53 am
    —
jockyw2001 wrote:
Did someone with an iPhone get MGMaps to work? I might get one if it does.

As far as I understand, the iphone has a full web browser on it that can run google maps (and probably the maps from the other providers). It also has an "official" google maps application. Now let's analyze the additional features of mgmaps... GPS connectivity, tracking, etc. - no way. The iphone has no internal GPS, it has bluetooth but that can only be used to connect a headset. And finally, for all the other features, it only accepts 3rd party "applications" that run in the browser. I wouldn't even call them applications, they are simply web sites using DHTML/Javascript/XML/AJAX.

Cristian

#3: Re: iPhone and MGMaps Author: jockyw2001 PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:26 pm
    —
Cristian Streng wrote:
jockyw2001 wrote:
Did someone with an iPhone get MGMaps to work? I might get one if it does.

As far as I understand, the iphone has a full web browser on it that can run google maps (and probably the maps from the other providers). It also has an "official" google maps application. Now let's analyze the additional features of mgmaps... GPS connectivity, tracking, etc. - no way. The iphone has no internal GPS, it has bluetooth but that can only be used to connect a headset. And finally, for all the other features, it only accepts 3rd party "applications" that run in the browser. I wouldn't even call them applications, they are simply web sites using DHTML/Javascript/XML/AJAX.

Cristian

Crap that it can not run java midlets and bt only for headset.
In other words forget the iPhone Smile

#4:  Author: lofarkas PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:07 pm
    —
For real?
The iphone has no java?
And it can't do anything with BT apart from headsets? I.e. it can't send/receive files, synch w/PC's, work as a BT modem or receive GPS signals etc?

What a piece of junk...

#5:  Author: Cristian Streng PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:21 pm
    —
lofarkas wrote:
For real?
The iphone has no java?
And it can't do anything with BT apart from headsets? I.e. it can't send/receive files, synch w/PC's, work as a BT modem or receive GPS signals etc?

What a piece of junk...

No, as far as I know it can't do any of these things...

#6:  Author: lofarkas PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:02 pm
    —
I was so incredulous that I looked it up...

Verdict: true!


The 600 USD gadget has no:
-mms
-java
-BT (for anything apart from headsets) Apparently, it can't even send/receive contacts.
-infraport (ok, that's ancient technology but it'd be something when you have no BT)
-mp3 ringtones (Is that all that hard to do in 2007???)
-video recording (you're kidding, right?)
-voice calls
-internal GPS

Way to kick your customers in the balls.

#7:  Author: bk PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:22 pm
    —
lofarkas wrote:

Way to kick your customers in the balls.


Apple customers/aficionados are usually eunuch...i mean unique. heh.

#8:  Author: Cristian Streng PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:54 pm
    —
lofarkas wrote:
I was so incredulous that I looked it up...

Verdict: true!


The 600 USD gadget has no:
-mms
-java
-BT (for anything apart from headsets) Apparently, it can't even send/receive contacts.
-infraport (ok, that's ancient technology but it'd be something when you have no BT)
-mp3 ringtones (Is that all that hard to do in 2007???)
-video recording (you're kidding, right?)
-voice calls
-internal GPS

Way to kick your customers in the balls.

See some more iphone facts here: http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/26/iphone-facts-from-the-first-reviews/

#9:  Author: user6300 PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:45 am
    —
and even for $400 (after $200 discount) it's still a useless phone but a great iPod

#10:  Author: krackaLocation: New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:57 am
    —
The LG KM900 is every thing that the iPhone is and more.
Dose Java
Dose full blue tooth,
mp3 ring tones,
GPS and A-GPS
memory 8Gb onboard + micro SD card upto 32Gb
5.0 mega pixel camera
2.0 mega pixel video camera
built in FM transmitter
and the list goes on

The down side of this phone is that there are problems with the firmware, some do things very well and others poorly.

But if you are a tech freak this is a fun phone to play with. Changing the firmware is easy.



MGMaps -> Miscellaneous


output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group