Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Mgmaps on Windows XP?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Usage Questions and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spadival
Power User

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Mgmaps on Windows XP? Reply with quote

I got a carpc now Smile but would like to continue to use mgmaps . Anybody has got this working on XP, including the stored map feature?
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Mgmaps on Windows XP? Reply with quote

spadival wrote:
I got a carpc now Smile but would like to continue to use mgmaps . Anybody has got this working on XP, including the stored map feature?

Well, there is no PC version per say, but the J2ME version can be run in PC emulators, like Sun's WTK, mPowerPlayer or IBM's JVM. mPowerPlayer doesn't support stored maps, Sun's WTK may be slow with them (especially with multiple tiles per file), IBM's JVM should support stored maps (maybe with an additional library), but I haven't tested that yet.
b8two
Power User

Phone Type: Nokia E51, 6288, 6230i, 6230, Sony Ericsson K770i

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I got MgMaps working with IBM's JVM.

http://www.mgmaps.com/weme/ibm-weme-win-x86-midp20_6.1.1.20061110-161633.exe

And the Additional Library for stored maps from:

http://service.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/pervasive/updates/571/techs/features/com.ibm.weme.win32.x86.pdap-fc.runtime22_5.7.1/wsdd5.0.jar

Now all you need is the Bluetooth Library and anyone with a laptop can run MGMaps with tracking.

Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b8two wrote:
Hi, I got MgMaps working with IBM's JVM.

http://www.mgmaps.com/weme/ibm-weme-win-x86-midp20_6.1.1.20061110-161633.exe

And the Additional Library for stored maps from:

http://service.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/pervasive/updates/571/techs/features/com.ibm.weme.win32.x86.pdap-fc.runtime22_5.7.1/wsdd5.0.jar

Now all you need is the Bluetooth Library and anyone with a laptop can run MGMaps with tracking.

You don't need any additional bluetooth library. Just connect the GPS device to your computer and it should assign a virtual serial port for it. Then start WEME and MGMaps, configure MGMaps in WEME to connect to that serial port and it'll work, tried it myself! There's still a big problem... if you quit WEME with the GPS still set to serial, it will freeze when you start MGMaps the next time and you won't be able to make it work unless you uninstall and reinstall mgmaps... I'm working to find the problem in my code and fix it.
b8two
Power User

Phone Type: Nokia E51, 6288, 6230i, 6230, Sony Ericsson K770i

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't think of the serial Port option.

Just need to get the default IBM JVM Screen size larger and it would be great.

It's also a good way to check what maps you have downloaded.

Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b8two wrote:

Yep, it's actually the same thing with the IBM JVM on Windows Mobile PDAs and smartphones.

b8two wrote:
Just need to get the default IBM JVM Screen size larger and it would be great.

You're right, I searched through the files but couldn't find where is that size defined... But I found a solution - http://www.brianapps.net/sizer.html. I defined a custom size of 400x432 (seems to be about the maximum allowed by IBM's JVM) and I'm using it to resize the mgmaps window.
lokura
MGMapper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which should be the storage path using sun´s wtk?
i try root\MGMapsCache but don´t works
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lokura wrote:
which should be the storage path using sun´s wtk?
i try root\MGMapsCache but don´t works

The path on the computer is ...\WTK251\appdb\DefaultColorPhone\filesystem\root1\MGMapsCache, so you should put in root1/MGMapsCache in MGMaps (the file separator seems to always be /).
lokura
MGMapper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, its the path im using, (root1/MGMapsCache) but it dont work for me
spadival
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
b8two wrote:

Yep, it's actually the same thing with the IBM JVM on Windows Mobile PDAs and smartphones.

Did serial port work for you in XP? It isnt working for me. No error messages as well
lokura
MGMapper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its running now, i erase run_by_class_storage_#M#G#Maps#B#K.db and run_by_class_storage_#M#G#Maps.db, may be an old erroneus settings
now the problem is it ask for file acces like an unsigned version
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spadival wrote:
Did serial port work for you in XP? It isnt working for me. No error messages as well

It definitely works for me, both in Sun's WTK and in IBM's WEME - just that in WEME the application works once and crashes next time I start it, I need to disable GPS before quitting for it to work the next time. In Sun's WTK it always works fine.
spadival
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry.. I do see an error message in debug log : java.io.IOException, DESC: Error connecting to GPS, MSG: Error opening serial port; error code=2, (2) The system cannot find the file specified.

I can connect from other GPS applications to the same COM port, without any issues .
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spadival wrote:
Sorry.. I do see an error message in debug log : java.io.IOException, DESC: Error connecting to GPS, MSG: Error opening serial port; error code=2, (2) The system cannot find the file specified.

I can connect from other GPS applications to the same COM port, without any issues .

In IBM's WEME, you need to enter the port name in Windows style i.e. "COM7" (no quotes) for COM7. In Sun's WTK, enter it in UNIX style, that is 0-based port number, "6" (no quotes) for COM7.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lokura wrote:
its running now, i erase run_by_class_storage_#M#G#Maps#B#K.db and run_by_class_storage_#M#G#Maps.db, may be an old erroneus settings
now the problem is it ask for file acces like an unsigned version

Go to Edit/Preferences in KToolbar, or open the Preferences program from the start menu, then go to Security and select JTWI/trusted or MSA/manufacturer.
lokura
MGMapper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnx, its working fine now
spadival
Power User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
spadival wrote:

In IBM's WEME, you need to enter the port name in Windows style i.e. "COM7" (no quotes) for COM7. In Sun's WTK, enter it in UNIX style, that is 0-based port number, "6" (no quotes) for COM7.

Does not work for me.. My BT is at COM41
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spadival wrote:
Does not work for me.. My BT is at COM41

Umm... could be related to the bluetooth stack in windows (I'm just surprised the com number is so high). Anyway, with Sun's WTK you'd need to set the port as Custom and enter "40" for the port name. With IBM's JVM it should appear automatically in the list as "COM41" -- you need to connect to the port while WEME is turned off, then start WEME.
HenryC
Power User

Phone Type: Nokia N95

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
You don't need any additional bluetooth library. Just connect the GPS device to your computer and it should assign a virtual serial port for it. Then start WEME and MGMaps, configure MGMaps in WEME to connect to that serial port and it'll work, tried it myself!

Newbie question hope you can help me. I don't have any bluetooth GPS, but am interested to try out the application on the laptop. When installing mgmaps_n95.jad (v1.38.01) in the WEME emulator, I have the error "The javax.microedition.io.Connector.bluetooth.client permission could not be granted for this MIDlet".

Do I need to configure anything else on the laptop? Or install another mgpmaps version to make this work?
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HenryC wrote:
Cristian Streng wrote:
You don't need any additional bluetooth library. Just connect the GPS device to your computer and it should assign a virtual serial port for it. Then start WEME and MGMaps, configure MGMaps in WEME to connect to that serial port and it'll work, tried it myself!

Newbie question hope you can help me. I don't have any bluetooth GPS, but am interested to try out the application on the laptop. When installing mgmaps_n95.jad (v1.38.01) in the WEME emulator, I have the error "The javax.microedition.io.Connector.bluetooth.client permission could not be granted for this MIDlet".

Do I need to configure anything else on the laptop? Or install another mgpmaps version to make this work?

Sure, you need to install the generic version, not the version for Nokia N95 Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Usage Questions and Problems All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: