Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

[Fixed] Solution for Blackberry Users with stored maps!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
claymsmith

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: [Fixed] Solution for Blackberry Users with stored maps! Reply with quote

For the longest time I had that "app is requesting a local resource allow/deny" or somesuch. It would ask like once for each tile it tried to load. FINALLY, I turned ON the firewall and then made a rule to allow everytime for MGMaps. Havent had any trouble since. Hope this helps someone!

Edit:
Phone is a BB 8310 running on AT&T with the latest OS.
and0b
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I turned ON the firewall and then made a rule to allow everytime for MGMaps

Can you tell me where/how did you made this rule? I can't find such option but I have this same problem(phone to...)

Andrew
djole1986
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: i got it workign thanx! :) Reply with quote

Follow these steps:
1: press menu
2: go to options
3:security options
4:select firewall
5:status ENABLE
6: exit and save
7: open MgMaps
8: it will ask you do you wanna create auto something put check mark in the provided boxes scroll down and press allow.
9: that all then it works good no problem.
THANX a lot mg team Smile Smile Smile
eurosteve
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You solved my problem! I have an 8130. So far, the enabled Firewall hasn't gotten in my way with other programs. Will this enabled Firewall cause any problems if I leave it on?
extrastrength

Phone Type: BlackBerry 8320

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Enabling firewall for blackberry 8320 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I enable the firewall by following the 1.2.3.. directions.
HOWEVER, the message I get after opening the application is:

"The applications mgmaps_bb
has attempted to open a connection to a location
inside the firewall and outside the firewall which
is not allowed by your IT policy"

And maps would not load up anymore; meaning, it was working before, but not without asking YES or NO every time a tile is loaded.

Al
thomkip

Phone Type: Blackberry Pearl 8100

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: BB 8100 Reply with quote

Im new here and was wondering how to download map of Minnesota so that i can use it in my BB. I have done a search and was not successful in finding anything???
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: BB 8100 Reply with quote

thomkip wrote:
Im new here and was wondering how to download map of Minnesota so that i can use it in my BB. I have done a search and was not successful in finding anything???

http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?t=725
0re0

Phone Type: Blackberry Pearl 8130

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: HELP! :!: Reply with quote

Okay, enabled firewall and yes got rid of that freakin annoying pop-up; However with the firewall on I cannot get a GPS location, I have fiddled with the permissions a bit, but to no avail. Help please those pop-ups make it useless, but obviously so does not having GPS.

BB 8130
V 4.3.0.127 Exclamation
DavidOttawa
Power User

Phone Type: Blackberry 8310, 9700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Blackberry 8310 OS 4.5.0.52 stored maps Reply with quote

MgMaps 1.39.16 for Blackberry used to work on my 8310 (Rogers Canada). [I even used it in China with stored maps!] I upgraded the BB software from 4.2.2 to 4.5.0.52 (platform 2.7.0.66). When downloading mgmaps OTA, it asks if I want this to be a trusted application, which is different from 4.2.2 which asked for access to internet and GPS the first time.

Like other comments on this forum, it nows asks for every tile "The application MGMaps has attempted to open local content. WOuld you like to allow this?" I answer Yes every time and the map appears, but obviously this is pretty tiresome.

I see on this topic that Claymsmith suggested turning on the firewall to solve this problem. Under Options/Security Options/Firewall, I see that the firewall is already on, and in fact is locked on. This may be a corporate rule, since I use Blackberry Enterprise Server. But it worked with the previous OS, and when I installed 4.5.0.52 I experienced this problem both before and after activating with BES. At the bottom of the Firewall page, there is a line "Incorrect encryption key" that has been blocked 14 times. I did delete all my existing maps on the SD card and then copied them from the PC via USB. No change.

I also tried setting the Application Permissions for MGMaps. This looks a bit different from the older OS 4.2.2, and is divided into 3 headings: Connections (USB, Phone, GPS, etc.), Interactions (interprocess, media access, theme data, etc.) and User Data (Email, PIM, Files, Keystore, etc.). All of the subheadings under Connections and User Data are set to Allow. Under Interactions, all are set to Allow except for Keystroke Injection, Browser Filtering, and Security Timer Reset, which I assume MGMaps does not need. At the bottom is module mgmaps_bb, which can be opened to list its permissions. These are the same.

I've looked at a few forums about "attempted to open local content" for various applications, and the solution always seems to be the firewall. Any suggestions?
ndrenfro
Junior

Phone Type: Rogers Blackberry Bold on AT&T

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Same problems here... Reply with quote

David,
I too have the same problem. I have a new Bold with OS 4.6. I have set all the permissions to allow and still gets the message for every tile. It is quite annoying. Any ideas?

Nathan
lotacus
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I just got a handset swap, mgmaps WAS working with offline maps just perfect and I started getting this error as well. I set application settings to allow on everything, I enabled the default rules to enable everything and I still get the message saying it isn't allowed by IT policy, and this handset HAS no IT policy. I am wondering if it's with the new updated version for BB that is causing the problem. I'm going to try and download the generic one and see if the same thing happens, but first i'm going to pull the battery out of the phone after making all these changes.

** update **

No dice, still doesnt work with previous versions. THis using the cod files. Don't think there is a jad version out. But i'm thinking this has to do with the provider all of a sudden changing some provisioning settings on their end.
SmokeSR
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Same problems here... Reply with quote

ndrenfro wrote:
David,
I too have the same problem. I have a new Bold with OS 4.6. I have set all the permissions to allow and still gets the message for every tile. It is quite annoying. Any ideas?

Nathan

I am also getting this exact issue. Again with BB Bold. It's getting very tiresome to keep selecting allow for each loading map tile
spamseater
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work around:

If you want to use offline mode & stored maps, turn firewall on:
1. Check Stored Maps and Offline Mode under Menu > Settings > Map Browsing.
2. Save then close MGMaps.
3. Turn on the firewall (Options > Security > Firewall > Enabled)

For online mode, turn firewall off:
1. Uncheck Stored Maps and Offline Mode under Menu > Settings > Map Browsing.
3. Turn off the firewall (Options > Security > Firewall > Disabled)
4. When you run MGMaps again, there will be only one pop-up asking for permission to connect to mgmaps.com, allow it.

There won't be pop-ups every time it loads new tiles. Note: Need to close MGMaps every time you switch mode (follow instructions above.)
Liteace
MGMapper

Phone Type: Blackberry Pearl 8110

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spamseater wrote:
Work around:

4. When you run MGMaps again, there will be only one pop-up asking for permission to connect to mgmaps.com, allow it.

There won't be pop-ups every time it loads new tiles. Note: Need to close MGMaps every time you switch mode (follow instructions above.)

Any news anyone, does it work ?
ndrenfro
Junior

Phone Type: Rogers Blackberry Bold on AT&T

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This does not work. This is what i have been doing all along, and it still asks for permission for every tile it loads in offline mode.
black-n-blue
MGMapper

Phone Type: Nokia 6265i

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just upgraded from 1.39.15 to 1.39.17 and now I am getting

"The applications mgmaps_bb
has attempted to open a connection to a location
inside the firewall and outside the firewall which
is not allowed by your IT policy"

I verified everything worked before the upgrade, so it has to do with the new version. I can check the "offline mode" and it will get rid of the error, but I didn't have to do that before?

I'm using a BB Curve 8330

Edit: I can't search either,,, I get the same error...
black-n-blue
MGMapper

Phone Type: Nokia 6265i

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Solution Reply with quote

Solution found: With the new version there was some added features for the HTTP requests, but the default setting was messing with mine, and I suspect others as well.

>>Settings>>Advanced>> Append to HTTP requests:
By default this is set to ";deviceside=true", but change it to the top option that is blank and it will now work again. Some users may want a different option in there, hence the reason Cristian put it in there. For me, the top one works.

The firewall must be on as well. I can use local files or go to online maps without any popups.
Jerry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Stored maps on BB 9000 (Bold) Reply with quote

GMaps works fine online.
However even after trying all solutions mentioned, I can´t access Stored maps. Just keep seeing the Map Tile not available pic.
Did the http requests, firewall etc.
Storage Path Media Card/BlackBerry/MGMapsCache
All maps are there, copied them from gMapMaker to SD card.

Any clue what I am missing?
Does it actually work on the 9000?
Menu Goto, how exact do the coordinates have to be?
Same as when I selected the maps?

Wish I would get any pop ups, but none whatsoever Sad

Help would be greatly appreciated.
handyandymac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spamseater wrote:
Work around:

Works for me as a work-around, just annoying as hell. Have to go online to get the searches to work, offline to use all the cached tiles I've downloaded.

black-n-blue wrote:
With the new version there was some added features for the HTTP requests, but the default setting was messing with mine, and I suspect others as well.

I had to change the HTTP options to ;deviceside=false in order to get mine to work.
(I have unlimited data through BIS with Telstra, but data through TCP sockets gets charged, so I don't want to use it.)

If I try and turn the firewall on and access the internet, I get the infamous inside/outside firewall problem mentioned earlier. Seems there is a RIM support FAQ about it (not sure if anyone knows about this, but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere so I thought I'd post)

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800563/Support_-_The_application_has_attempted_to_open_a_connection_inside_and_outside_the_firewall.html?nodeid=800454&vernum=0

Seems if your application EVER makes a MDS call, you can't ever make an non-MDS call. Or something like that.

Is there anyway or getting a version of the software that is set to "Offline Mode" by default so that we can change the setting before it fires up any connections? Just as a test to see if this fixes the problem. I'm willing to try out a special build for you if you PM me.

If it does, maybe the first time you fire up the software it can have a prompt saying "Do you want to try to connect to the internet?"
Stan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the above seems to work on the BlackBerry 9000 (Bold). Anyone have any advice?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: