Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

saving gps track

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Web Sites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
basilisco

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: saving gps track Reply with quote

Hi there!
It's my first post and I've just discovered this wonderful feature of mgmaps, I'm talking of the possibilty to see in real time my position on the map thanks so gmap track!
I'm a fan of cyclism and since I usaually go out with my bicycle without any friends, I really appreciate the function of gmap track since thanks to it, my parents can now see on internet where currently I am with my bike!
Thanks to you man!
I've reed on an old news on the mgmaps site (here) that you wantede to improve the gps track saving!
Are you still intenioted to develop this featur?

Sorry my bad english and once again thank you for your wonderfoul work!
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: saving gps track Reply with quote

basilisco wrote:
I've reed on an old news on the mgmaps site (here) that you wantede to improve the gps track saving!

Yes, I still intend to develop that feature, but there are many other things pending so I can't give you an estimate on when it will be ready.
basilisco

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: saving gps track Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
Yes, I still intend to develop that feature, but there are many other things pending so I can't give you an estimate on when it will be ready.

Thanks again Wink
I'll wait for when it will be ready!
jankoc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Line along track + different position marker? Reply with quote

Thanks for an excellent program! There are some very-nice-to-have-features I have been searching for which might be available but I have not found:

1. Is it possible to get a line (e.g. a red line) drawn along where I have been moving on the map? Either the complete track, or just the last 60 seconds or similar?

2. The blue position marker is very small on a 2 inch 320x240 pixel screen, and it is in addition not symmetrical. Is it possible to exchange it with e.g. a ring with a cross in the middle with a larger diameter?

3. Can the map move with GPS position?

Are any of these available? The first is the most important to me...
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Line along track + different position marker? Reply with quote

jankoc wrote:
1. Is it possible to get a line (e.g. a red line) drawn along where I have been moving on the map? Either the complete track, or just the last 60 seconds or similar?

Not yet, but will be possible in future versions.

jankoc wrote:
2. The blue position marker is very small on a 2 inch 320x240 pixel screen, and it is in addition not symmetrical. Is it possible to exchange it with e.g. a ring with a cross in the middle with a larger diameter?

Future versions will allow a "double size" mode where all text and images (including the map) will be twice as large to improve experience with phones with small screens and high resolutions.

jankoc wrote:
3. Can the map move with GPS position?

Yes, Menu/GPS/Mobile Tracking On. The movement is temporarily disabled for 30 seconds (configurable) whenever you press a key to move the map.
sani
MGMapper

Phone Type: SE P1i, K750i

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cristian. When do you plan to implement the track-drawing feature?
Also, the blue position icon... can you make it possible for the user to import their own image or icon file to use instead? That would be excellent.

Cheers.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sani wrote:
Hi Cristian. When do you plan to implement the track-drawing feature?

Sorry for taking that long, but I can't give you an exact time estimate, as I'm currently busy with some other projects and developments.

sani wrote:
Also, the blue position icon... can you make it possible for the user to import their own image or icon file to use instead? That would be excellent.

Hmm... I'll add that to my to-do list.
shmuc
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christian, (thx for your great job....)
Quote:
...but I can't give you an exact time estimate, as I'm currently busy with some other projects and developments.

this feature is urgently desired Wink - i think you will combine it with kml line drawing functionality. Could probably move it up in your todo list??

BTW: in combined with an integrated map tile downloader along saved tracks or routes it ould be perfect for Offroad use Smile
basmic
Power User

Phone Type: Nokia 6500 Slide

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: saving gps track Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
basilisco wrote:

Hi Cristian.

Do you have any further updates/progress to implementing GPS tracking?
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: saving gps track Reply with quote

basmic wrote:
Cristian Streng wrote:
basilisco wrote:

Hi Cristian.

Do you have any further updates/progress to implementing GPS tracking?

No, not yet... there are a few other threads on these forums about the same thing, I'll merge them in the future.
zillion42
Junior

Phone Type: nokia e65

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...

First of all a big thanks to the makers of this great application aswell as gMapMaker... so far it has actually and practically helped me a lot of times to find my way around while walking !!! I've got 3 quite big cities on zoom 0-16 on my SD for about 600 MB... great JOB...

well... if only I could save some tracks same time as looking at the map. I mean most basically, maybe only a text file with lat/long in a long list seperated by a "\n".... would simply be awesome. I'm sure I could find or make a script to convert to .kml or similar. Alternativly I was thinking it might be possible to run another application like GpsTrack.jar in the bakground but it seems that symbian or java doesn't allow the acces to the bluetooth receiver by two seperate applications... correct me if I'm wrong please...

anyway great app. and I hope you will find the time for that track saving feature without stress... keep it up...
acepeep

Phone Type: W810i

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Tracking Script Reply with quote

Thanks for a great application. I love it!!! One feature I would love you to add (and it should be really easy) would be a setting to allow the user to specify the website that mgmaps sends the position to. That way I could capture points on my own server for later use.

In the mean time for anyone who wants it, I created a script that will query the mgmaps-track website and create a kml file from the points it retrieves. You will need a linux machine or cygwin (www.cygwin.org) to run it.

You can edit the file and fill in the id (username) and tid (id number). Or you can pass them in as arguments to the script like so:
grabmgmappos.sh -i myusername -t 12345678

Message me if you have problems or questions. Very Happy

grabmgmappos.zip
 Description:
KML file generator

Download
 Filename:  grabmgmappos.zip
 Filesize:  1.4 KB
 Downloaded:  1057 Time(s)

basmic
Power User

Phone Type: Nokia 6500 Slide

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Tracking Script Reply with quote

acepeep wrote:
Thanks for a great application. I love it!!! One feature I would love you to add (and it should be really easy) would be a setting to allow the user to specify the website that mgmaps sends the position to. That way I could capture points on my own server for later use.

In the mean time for anyone who wants it, I created a script that will query the mgmaps-track website and create a kml file from the points it retrieves. You will need a linux machine or cygwin (www.cygwin.org) to run it.

You can edit the file and fill in the id (username) and tid (id number). Or you can pass them in as arguments to the script like so:
grabmgmappos.sh -i myusername -t 12345678

Message me if you have problems or questions. Very Happy
With a little fiddling about, I feel I could knock up a simple program to output to KML files, with the aid of command line http downloader.

For some reason, gmap-track.com isn't updating my position at the moment. Sad
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Tracking Script Reply with quote

basmic wrote:
For some reason, gmap-track.com isn't updating my position at the moment. Sad

There was some kind of database corruption, things should be back to normal now.
polrus
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice workaround but it be nice to have this txt file in unix format not windows Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Web Sites All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: