Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Trying to get MGMaps to use my BT-359 on Samsung m540

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
please3mta3

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Trying to get MGMaps to use my BT-359 on Samsung m540 Reply with quote

Hello,
I've hacked my m540, installed mgmaps, downloaded yahoo maps onto my 8GB microSD card. i've updated the policy.txt file on the phone to allow for use of the internal GPS. the internal GPS is soooo slow to find satalites and when it does it takes 30+ seconds to update it's current position. But mgmaps works like a charm.

convinced my wife to let me buy the bt-359 so that the i'd get better performance. but low and behold, the blue tooth option in GPS setup says there's no Bluetooth on the phone, but there clearing is. I've followed all the tips and instructions i've found on this forum, but with no luck.

anyone have any luck with getting a BT gps receiver working with the Samsung m540? thanks!
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to get MGMaps to use my BT-359 on Samsung m540 Reply with quote

please3mta3 wrote:
convinced my wife to let me buy the bt-359 so that the i'd get better performance. but low and behold, the blue tooth option in GPS setup says there's no Bluetooth on the phone, but there clearing is. I've followed all the tips and instructions i've found on this forum, but with no luck.

If the app says no bluetooth, then the BT API (JSR-82) is missing from the phone. I don't know of any solution to this, it's a common problem for many Samsung and Motorola phones.
please3mta3

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I bought the phone for it's price and slide out qwerty keyboard. my next phone will definitely have JSR-82 installed. MGMaps is awesome and will be on my next phone for sure.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: