Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Debug window problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Developer Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kolaf
Developer

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Debug window problem? Reply with quote

I'm attempting to implement the connection to the APRS system, and using the emulator everything seems to work. I am able to open a connection, and log in. After this everything naturally stops because I have no valid positions.

When I try this on the actual phone, however, it seems to be able to connect to the server and login okay, but the output in the debug window stops when it tries connecting to the server. In other words, I can the in the server status window that the login was successful, but nothing more is displayed in the debug window.

Is this a known problem, and do have any suggestions about what may cause it? Debug messages from the mapping system still print out okay.

Such problems are usually caused by something stupid I'm doing myself, but at the moment are not able to spot the problem. It could be a synchronisation problem, but then it shouldn't be able to continue logging in Smile
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... I don't think there's any case when logging should stop. You should however add a call to Logger.handle(ex, false, "message") in every catch{} block to log exceptions as errors. Of course, if testing in the emulator, you can simply print to System.out. Note that the debug window is not updated in real time, to see newer messages you need to close the form then re-open it (select Back then select "Debug" again).

Cristian
kolaf
Developer

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it, the window didn't refresh itself. When I started going back and forth everything seemed to work out Smile

I am almost at the point where I am able to send position reports, but it is by no means well integrated yet. That is, I conform to your service architecture, but I have yet to delve deeper into the inner workings of the application with menus and such.
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, I understand that. As I said, I'll deal with setting up the server for GPS tracking, and support usernames and passwords when I have time. Then I'll see how to integrate your code.

Cristian
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Developer Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: