Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Merging branches

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Developer Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kolaf
Developer

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Merging branches Reply with quote

I tried to regularly merge your changes into the tracking branch in order to make the final merge as painless as possible. When I tried this yesterday there were some conflicts which I believe is better to solve in our two versionsinstead of me having to make adjustments on every merge.

As I also have implemented a new service, I suggest the following:
set the number of services to six (= new services[6]) in MGMapsRunner.
WikiMapia service gets number 4,and I change my tracking service to number 5.
I have reached props version 19, so if you could move your changes to props version 20 merging loading and saving code will be much easier.

I also noticed that some things in my own code got broken on the merge, so I have for now reverted all changes from it. Once we have both implemented my suggestions I will try to redo the merge.
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see... I think we should still leave your branch separate, and merge it in MGMaps version 1.30. Until then, I'll include the Wikimapia features in 1.2x, and if your version is ready I'll release it separate from the main release. Once I'm done with WikiMapia and I have more time to work on the tracking website, I'll have a look over your code, I'll add in the code to submit to my tracking website and release a merged version.

Cristian
kolaf
Developer

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, it seems like you have a plan, so we'll stick to that. I just thought it would make the final merge easier if I kept the tracking branch up to date with the trunk Smile
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that will help - but I don't think there's anything we can do with the propsVersion for example, that will need to be updated only at the time of the merge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Developer Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: