Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Tools to Convert single tiles to Multiple Tiles per File
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ambra
Power User

Phone Type: SE K810i

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poemihai wrote:
What i meant is i use mapalive for zoom 17 openstreetmap and convert it to let's say 64 tiles, why the need to create a custom map type in mgmaps config named BloreAlive and not use the old config for Openstreetmap?

There's no need to create custom map, if you don't want to. You can name your output map (map files produced by MapAlive) as any existing map, and overwrite the existing map. Make sure, you have backup, so you don't have to download everything from the scratch.

poemihai wrote:
I have attached a few tiles from zoom 17 after conversion and some from the original downloaded map with 1tile, maybe u can make a comparison.
Also a short step-by-step how to use map alive would be good maybe i skip something.

I'm totally puzzled with the files you uploaded.
The first one, that you say you got after conversion, is not understandable to me. However, the second file, that you say is 1-tile-per-file map - is not. It's 256-tiles-per-file map. I copied all those files from the archive to folder "Example_17" and added cache.conf file:
Code:

version=3
tiles_per_file=256
hash_size=1

So, at the end I had this:
Code:

MGMapsCache
    |
    +Example_17
    |    |
    |    +4544_2890.mgm
    |    +4544_2891.mgm
    |    +4544_2892.mgm
    |    +4544_2893.mgm
    |    +4544_2894.mgm
    |    +4544_2895.mgm
    |    +4544_2896.mgm
    |    +4544_2897.mgm
    |
    +cache.conf

Then I used MapAlive to make 1-tile-per-file map. The result was OK. I got 1840 PNG tiles.

How did you produce these files? With gMapMaker or Map Tile Cacjer perl script? If so, than those programs should create their cache.conf file (as above), and MapAlive should automatically recognize that it's 256-tiles-per-file map.
poemihai
Junior

Phone Type: Samsung H1 (i8320)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would seem i ended up mixing those configs. Going to recheck the original maps with gmapmaker at 256tiles for zoom 17. Will be back with an answer when this ends. Thx again!
poemihai
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hy again. So i managed to convert maps zoom 1-13 tile 256 to tile 1024 but it won't work for zoom 17, it just says no tiles found after few minutes. Any ideea why won't it work ? i start map alive with "start javaw -Xms32m -Xmx1024m -jar MapAlive.jar" comand tryed with 2048 also but then it only says that it won't start "could not create jawa virtual machine". Also i noticed in taskmanager that jawa is using it's full memory allocation (1024mb), when i don't set the "-Xms32m -Xmx1024m" it gets stuck at 310mb and the "no tiles found" answer repeats. The zoom 17 folder has 37000files and almost 6gb. My OS Win7 x64 and 4gb ram. Any ideeas on what might be wrong?
ambra
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poemihai wrote:
Hy again. So i managed to convert maps zoom 1-13 tile 256 to tile 1024 but it won't work for zoom 17, it just says no tiles found after few minutes. Any ideea why won't it work ? i start map alive with "start javaw -Xms32m -Xmx1024m -jar MapAlive.jar" comand tryed with 2048 also but then it only says that it won't start "could not create jawa virtual machine". Also i noticed in taskmanager that jawa is using it's full memory allocation (1024mb), when i don't set the "-Xms32m -Xmx1024m" it gets stuck at 310mb and the "no tiles found" answer repeats. The zoom 17 folder has 37000files and almost 6gb. My OS Win7 x64 and 4gb ram. Any ideeas on what might be wrong?

I'm not sure...
How did you en up with different number of tiles in each folder?
Can you upload few MGM files from zoom level 17 folder?
poemihai
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ambra wrote:
How did you en up with different number of tiles in each folder?
Can you upload few MGM files from zoom level 17 folder?

I re-downloaded all from zoom 1-13 and re-checked for zoom 17 as 256 tiles so now them should all be same number of tiles (as i said if it try to convert only 1-13 zoom map it works ). I've added some tiles from 17 zoom.

MGMapsCache.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MGMapsCache.rar
 Filesize:  2.04 MB
 Downloaded:  1316 Time(s)

ambra
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you convert maps zoom level by zoom level, or all at once?

You should convert all the tiles in all zoom levels at once.
These tiles that you uploaded are fine to me. MapAlive reads them and can work with them.
poemihai
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tryed both ways, only zoom 17 and all zoom level at once. I started it again 30min ago with all zoom level and is still trying to find those tiles, in taskmanager the jawaw process idles at 308Mb ram and 0% cpu usage. Could it be it can't read it due to it's size? 6Gb for zoom 17 ?

Edit: this time i didn't set any memory alocation for java using parameters.
ambra
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poemihai wrote:
I tryed both ways, only zoom 17 and all zoom level at once. I started it again 30min ago with all zoom level and is still trying to find those tiles, in taskmanager the jawaw process idles at 308Mb ram and 0% cpu usage. Could it be it can't read it due to it's size? 6Gb for zoom 17 ?

Edit: this time i didn't set any memory alocation for java using parameters.

Wait until it finishes. In the end it should display number of tiles found in each zoom level. If it doesn't end well, I suggest you to star MapAlive from the Command Prompt. It should display error.
poemihai
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ambra wrote:
Wait until it finishes. In the end it should display number of tiles found in each zoom level. If it doesn't end well, I suggest you to star MapAlive from the Command Prompt. It should display error.

It still doesn't work, it just stays open without any sign of realy working, i had it open for over 12h and no result (started from cmd) no error either. Guess i'll just give up on it and look for an alternative. Thx for your help.
poemihai
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back Very Happy So i split the zoom 17 folder in 2 folders and used mapalive to scan them and it looks like it's working. I'm curently using two instances of mapalive to convert from 256tiles to 1024tiles as you can see in this printscreen. Problem is that it seems like i will have 2 files in both folders with same name, is it posible to merge them ?

ambra
Power User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That's certainly too many tiles... Are you sure they will all fit a memory of your phone?

Good that you found the solution.

You won't be able to merge two folders, because there will be files with same name in both folders. After you finish converting those two folders, I suggest that you find all files that exist in both folders (I thing you won't be having them a lot).
One way is to try to move the contents of one folder to another, and when asked what to do with files with same name, choose skip, and all those files will be left in first folder. ALWAYS MAKE BACKUP!
Then you can convert those files in both folders to one-tile-per file maps, and merge them afterward.
After that, convert them to 1024 tiles-per-file.
poemihai
Junior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ambra wrote:
Then you can convert those files in both folders to one-tile-per file maps, and merge them afterward.
After that, convert them to 1024 tiles-per-file.

They will fit, my phone has 14Gb memory and this map is only 6gb so it's fine. Also i was thinking to that solution too, it should work fine. Until now i have 9 files with same name in both folders so i guess it won't be much trouble. Thx again.

Edit: Done! Uploaded to phone and working Very Happy
dmytro
Developer

Phone Type: Blackberry Pearl 8130

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ambra wrote:
You won't be able to merge two folders, because there will be files with same name in both folders.

It has been a long time, but I remember I modified MapAlive to loop through folders try http://iroot.ca/projects/mgmaps/Tools/Multiple%20Tiles/MapAlive.zip
shoxx

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ambra , i have a question 'bout your program. I am using the 1.4.. Ver of Mgmaps For the lg touchscreens and its working all right , but since i have only 2gb card and the big files in the map folder makes my phone slower i tried to convert it with your program. I downloaded my map , hash size 97 , tiles per file 1 and its all right ( i tried it first on the phone and its working) . Then i started your program , pointed the folder , it found the tiles of the map and i started conversation for 8*** (i cant remember the number now Very Happy ) tiles per file. I waited till the success screen appeared and everything is ok. The folder is smaller and there is cache.conf , but when i put it on my phone i can see nothing ? Can you help me to solve this prob ?
P.S. Google Road Maps , if this can help smthing Laughing
ambra
Power User

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, shoxx!

Have you configured MGMaps to the correct folder where you put new tiles?

BTW, 8xxx tiles per file could be too much. Normal would be 256 or something close to that.

Try posting here your old and new folder structrure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: