Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Read user data for LG KP 500 (COOKIE)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nemesio06

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Read user data for LG KP 500 (COOKIE) Reply with quote

Hi Christian,

Firstly, congratulation for your application.
Secondly, I want to ask you one question. Im running the app (V.1.39.17) with offline maps in the lg cookie, and it works perfectly. The problem cames when i try to zooming or panning, cause my phone is asking me "Allow application Mobile GMaps to read user data?" which is repeated every 5-10 seconds and I'm tired of pressing "ok" button.
I try to use the signed/unsigned version but it doesnt works. I try as well to change the read user data permissions of the application which is set to "Ask" cause the other option is never allow to read the data. Could you please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance
Andres
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Read user data for LG KP 500 (COOKIE) Reply with quote

nemesio06 wrote:
Hi Christian,

Firstly, congratulation for your application.
Secondly, I want to ask you one question. Im running the app (V.1.39.17) with offline maps in the lg cookie, and it works perfectly. The problem cames when i try to zooming or panning, cause my phone is asking me "Allow application Mobile GMaps to read user data?" which is repeated every 5-10 seconds and I'm tired of pressing "ok" button.
I try to use the signed/unsigned version but it doesnt works. I try as well to change the read user data permissions of the application which is set to "Ask" cause the other option is never allow to read the data. Could you please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance
Andres

Did you use the signed version and you still didn't have the "always allow" option available? It could be a limitation set by the carrier, there are many branded phones and many types of "branding" a phone (some lack the root certificates, other have the certificates but still do not give additional permissions to signed apps). Search the forums for more information about branded phones and unbranding.
mfarlam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: same problem on kc910 Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem on the kc910 with the addition that I couldn't get the signed version to install at all - I always got the message 'authentication failed'.

Other than having to press 'ok' every time the maps changed, its a great application

martin
xOroko

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: same problem on kc910 Reply with quote

Hi everybody, i have the same problem but I solved it. I use KP 500 Cookie.

At first i have turn on "use external memory" for saving and the problem with instalation was. But I turn on "use headset memory" for saving and problem was not. The instalation is functional. Try it and you will see.
mirose
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

Me to, i didit this way on KP500.

First i uninstall MGMap then i change (in phone settings) to use internal memory instead for external, i could now install the .jad file. Started MGMaps, choose the always allow option, closed the program, changed back to use external memory (were i have my maps) started the program again and pointed offline brows to my SDcard and its working perfect, no questions.
Freddiew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Which BT GPS reciever with LG KP500 Cookie Reply with quote

Interesting forum and topics about getting the mgmap app to run on a KP500. Looks like a great solution.

I have read that the KP500 does not recognise BT GPS receivers, which receivers are you using with yours ?

Responses appreciated..
Dacollo
Junior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHEN will all those guys understand that the cookie (thank lg Evil or Very Mad ) does NOT support Bluetooth while running an Java app ... that means you CAN'T use a BT GPS reciever with MGMaps and the Cookie ...

mfg Dacollo
manolis287
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lg cookie works with version 1.42 if u install the signed.jad and u can avoid the file permitions too but could someone add these two lines
LGE-MIDlet-Height:400
LGE-MIDlet-Width:240
to remove the lg aplication menu i tried but then it couldn't authenticate the file.
I added them in the .jar file manifest.mf and then changed the file size in the .jad file but it failed.
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manolis287 wrote:
Lg cookie works with version 1.42 if u install the signed.jad and u can avoid the file permitions too but could someone add these two lines
LGE-MIDlet-Height:400
LGE-MIDlet-Width:240
to remove the lg aplication menu i tried but then it couldn't authenticate the file.
I added them in the .jar file manifest.mf and then changed the file size in the .jad file but it failed.

Please test the version attached at http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?p=14223#14223
microzet
Junior

Phone Type: LG Kp500 Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the lg cookie too. I installed the upon version [1.42 alpha 3] and it seems to works fine without having perimission problems. But now, it seems like it can't find the stored map files.

I made a Yahoo Hybrid World Map until 5 level just to see if it works. It found the map but it can't zoom.

What i did wrong?

Please answer this time :/
wcarmo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody. I got an issue with permission "allow... access... to user data". Now how to solve using LG KC910 Renoir: uninstall mgmaps, remove the external memory card, install mgmaps using the signed version .jad, this time you will not see authentication error. Go to menu where you can find the aplication and define permissions to mgmaps, now Replace the memory card and proceed the tutorials found in google. I wasted 4 hours to discover this and went sleep around 6:30. But as I could not find a solution I got chalenged. Hope this works on other LG models.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: