Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Very small adjustments for Sony Ericsson users

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garfieldbart

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Very small adjustments for Sony Ericsson users Reply with quote

Would it be possible to keep the file read open or read from one big file as it is not possible to set the rights of sony ericsson (w810) to always allow file reading. So if you want to use the program offline, everytime you zoom in or out, or scroll the map, you have to allow the program to read another file. Maybe it is possible to use a jar-file which contains all the maps and should only be opened once by the program? Rolling Eyes

The second problem I have myself with my cell phone account is that internet connection is not billed by amount but by session. So the online card function would be a lot cheaper for me if it was possible to keep the internet connection open for as long as possible ( and required ). Embarassed

I think these adjustments are simple to integrate so I hope it will be possible to make them. Very Happy

Greetings, Bart
m.fielding
Junior

Phone Type: W880i

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try upgrading your firmware. I did this on my W880i and it gave me the new option to Always Allow reading of stored data. I think you also need both the .jar and .jad files for MG Maps (I think the .jad has a digital signature for the other) to allow this.
garfieldbart

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, I found the solution of the jar and jad file some days before, but it's still nice to see that others know the solution too and are willing to help Smile

So Thanx Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: