Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Any interest to port MGMaps for iPhone/iPod Touch?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features
View previous topic :: View next topic  

MGMaps for iPhone/iPod Touch, are you interested?
Yes for real! (I have one)
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
No (I don't have one)
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
No, I am ok with existing iphone GoogleMaps
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Whats an iphone?
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

dmytro
Developer

Phone Type: Blackberry Pearl 8130

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Any interest to port MGMaps for iPhone/iPod Touch? Reply with quote

Just out of interest. Vote above...see how it goes. Razz
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Any interest to port MGMaps for iPhone/iPod Touch? Reply with quote

dmytro wrote:
Just out of interest. Vote above...see how it goes. Razz

That would be a full rewrite, since there's no J2ME support on the iPhone... and for what? Support for stored maps and multiple map types are about the only features not present in Google Maps.
At least with Android we'll have J2ME and there's no need to rewrite anything: http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?t=2405
garfieldo

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: iPhone 3GS and mgmaps Reply with quote

Hello,

Of course iPhone 3GS don't have native Java but have GPS, Sun would like to develop it but statut quo for the moment.
But with a jailbrake iphone you can put nearly what you want and of course Java J2ME. So maybe we can test mgmaps in iPhone.
For exemple for me the advantage of mgmaps is to use the map off line. I organize travel, and I look for a Web Map (when we don't have a real map) as G Map but without 3G access. After of course for me, the best is to have the G Map on a real GPS as Garmin but why not in iPhone ... !

Any suggestion ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: