Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Working MGMaps on BB, but need help finding address

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noslen
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Working MGMaps on BB, but need help finding address Reply with quote

I read through the 'offline address search' thread that dmytro started and tried everything (i don't know if im doing it correctly though) please help.

HOW TO TEST "OFFLINE SEARCH" INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Download OfflineBot http://offlinebot.iroot.ca/OfflineBot.zip (still being updated regularly, so keep up-to-date)
2) Extract Database based on you city street name list (you may create your own)
3) Build "special" MGMaps Database click: Build Database
4) Place the database (from step 3) to SD card in "SDpath..."\MGMapsCache\Local\COUNTRYCODE\
NOTE: Local is the important folder.

I downloaded OfflineBot - ran it but then i dont' know what to do with it.
- i then downloaded the 'Canada, Ontario, Toronto' database and also the 'Canada, Ontario, Toronto' street name list. - but then don't know what to do with it either.

Can someone please point me in the right direction, and run by it with me step by step, i'm a real newbie to this. I just want to be able to search for a Toronto street on my MGMaps on my BB.

Thank you
dmytro
Developer

Phone Type: Blackberry Pearl 8130

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok first the concept:

The Database for Toronto is already made piece of work (in raw format), so you don't have to go through trouble of SCANNING. Just do step 2 Build Database (binary format). And place the results to \MGMapsCache\ folder

If you want to build your own city, you need a list of street names, right? (You find them on your own if its not listed at offlinebot.iroot.ca already) do step 1 and than 2.

1.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.16 KB
 Viewed:  7490 Time(s)

1.gif

2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.1 KB
 Viewed:  7490 Time(s)

2.gif

Noslen
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply

I'm still doing something wrong cause i still can seem to get it to work, i'm still stuck.

attached it what i can't get past. I downloaded the "existing offline database" (Canada, Ontario, Toronto) - and now opened up the zip file - and gave me the 'ca' folder. inside the 'ca' folder are more folders (28 folders a-z plus a couple of others)

Am i suppose to the 'ca' folder in the 'Mobile database' folder in my BB.

Here's where i am, sorry if the posted picture didnt' work
1. opened the Offlinebot app (like the picture u posted)
2. selected #2 (Build database)
3. in the 'build path' box there are two options
a. 'offlinebot database' (this box is unhighlighted, there i can't do anything with it
b. 'mobile database' - (the default is "C:\MGMapsCache\") - what ever i do here? i tried to place the 'ca' folder that i got from offlinebot and that didn't work - it kept on saying "Send my database to offlinebot.iroot.ca for public sharing" (i dont' know what i'm doin, and i'm pretty sure no one would want it:))

What am i suppose to do? sorry if this is a super basic question, i'm such a newb at this.
dmytro
Developer

Phone Type: Blackberry Pearl 8130

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
offlinebot and that didn't work - it kept on saying "Send my database to offlinebot.iroot.ca for public sharing" (i dont' know what i'm doin, and i'm pretty sure no one would want it:))

I should just stop helping you right here!

OfflineBot as far as I know seems to provide all this free ??!!! And when you share the database it not only builds the community it helps to save time and bandwidth for future. Why try to scan 100 times for days if one person can share the database and everyone else can use it. Is there privacy issues? NO you just "Help" by utilizing your CPU and Internet Bandwidth and time.

I hope this concept can be spread around clear....than I ask you why does Linux even exist Rolling Eyes ?

Ok I was nice to fix and make a new build, so re-download OfflineBot.
Noslen
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry bro, that's totally not what i mean.

WHat i meant was that i have no idea what im doing. i would totally add to this idea and do my part (IF I ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING), but in reality i can't even do a simple search of address on the BB with the full tutorial posted.

my bad if i sounded like a total jerk.
gmat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I managed to download the Toronto database, and create my own and put it on my BB - all good there.
However, I have no idea how to A) create a street list OR better yet create a "raw database" or "offline database" for Thornhill/Vaughan/Richmond Hill/Woodbridge; Any suggestions?

Thanks

Edit: is the "local" directory supposed to be where all my "google_map_zoomlevel" directories are? How do I configure MGMaps for offline searches?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: