Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Import KML problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Development version 1.40
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony6678

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Import KML problems Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a problem with the import KML :
I select the right file and when I select import file nothing appen (if I select a wrong one I get an error)
I have tried with a KML from google earth export and even one generated by the "export kml" feature in mgmaps.
I have a Tytn II (windows mobile 6.1) and i'm using JBed 5.1.20080912 (from the forum) with the version : 1.41.04
Does anyone got the same problem ?
MaximS

Phone Type: Nokia 6500s

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have the same problem.
In previous versions (Spring 2008) this function worked normally. I was save .kml from GoogleEarth and had use them in mgmaps. But latest versions of mgmaps write me "Out of memory" when I try to import the same .kml. What is wrong?
I have Nokia 6500 slide.
Thank you.
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximS wrote:
Yes, I have the same problem.
In previous versions (Spring 2008) this function worked normally. I was save .kml from GoogleEarth and had use them in mgmaps. But latest versions of mgmaps write me "Out of memory" when I try to import the same .kml. What is wrong?
I have Nokia 6500 slide.
Thank you.

Can you send your KML file? Could be two different problems on these two phones but I'll have to test and see.
iovan4o

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Import KML problems Reply with quote

Hi,
I have the same problem while trying to load favorites which I have previously exported. I select the .KML then press 'Import KML' and nothing happens.

I'm using MGMaps 1.42.00 on Samsung SGH-E840. The problem is also reproducible on Sun Wireless Toolkit 2.5.2.

Regards,
Ivan
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Import KML problems Reply with quote

iovan4o wrote:
Hi,
I have the same problem while trying to load favorites which I have previously exported. I select the .KML then press 'Import KML' and nothing happens.

I'm using MGMaps 1.42.00 on Samsung SGH-E840. The problem is also reproducible on Sun Wireless Toolkit 2.5.2.

Regards,
Ivan

Thanks for letting me know, this will be fixed in v1.42.01 (see the version attached).

mgmaps-1_42_01-alpha1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  mgmaps-1_42_01-alpha1.zip
 Filesize:  278.81 KB
 Downloaded:  1269 Time(s)

emj
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: still problem with importing KMLs Reply with quote

1. I choose import kml from then menu
2. choose the test.kml file
3. choose delete all
4. import

result:
"favs loaded from ..."

but they aren't loaded, and nothing is deleted (since I only do this because I want to delete all my favorites, that is the bad part)

this is the KML file
Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.0">
<Folder><description>MGMaps Favorites</description><name>MGMaps Favorites</name><visibility>1</visibility><open>1</open>
<Placemark><name>1</name><description>1</description><Point><coordinates>18.070706,59.319658,0</coordinates></Point></Placemark>
</Folder>
</kml>
leblanc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Same Import KML problem here! Reply with quote

Looks like the bug still exists. Nothing happens when I import a KML file. No favorites get imported. I'm running Mgmaps 1.42.01 in a Nokia 5130 XpressMusic (S40).

Once this get working, It would be great to be able to import each KML file to a separate layer. So you could activate or hide each layer. One layer for restaurants, other for museums, for work related places...

Please, would you let me know if am I doing something wrong about the KML file and if the layer import is possible.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Same Import KML problem here! Reply with quote

leblanc wrote:
Looks like the bug still exists. Nothing happens when I import a KML file. No favorites get imported. I'm running Mgmaps 1.42.01 in a Nokia 5130 XpressMusic (S40).

It should be fixed in this pre-release attached.

leblanc wrote:
Once this get working, It would be great to be able to import each KML file to a separate layer. So you could activate or hide each layer. One layer for restaurants, other for museums, for work related places...

OK, we'll consider that for a future version.

mgmaps-1_42_02-alpha1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  mgmaps-1_42_02-alpha1.zip
 Filesize:  321.53 KB
 Downloaded:  1328 Time(s)

Rover
Junior

Phone Type: Nokia 3110 w/ BT VGPS-700, Nokia 5800xm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Problems w/ kml file versions x.42.01 x.42.02a on Nokia 3110 Reply with quote

Hi Cristian,

I am experiencing the following dificulties with these versions:

1.39.21 - works great, but no KML import/export functions Sad

1.42.01 - Import function appears to work, but nothing is changed w/ both overwrite/append. App access is set to always Export function returns "error updating favorites" message

1.42.02a - Import function works, but I have to grant access to media with each access. Export function returns "error updating favorites" message (Apps access, first time/always are not available options)

Q: could problems w/ .02 alpha be becasue it is not signed and/or has a funky date of 06/09/09? (grabed from your posting)

Q: is there a link for the latest alpha testing? I would love to be a tester.

Thanks again for all your hard work, this app ROCKS! Smile
Rover
Junior

Phone Type: Nokia 3110 w/ BT VGPS-700, Nokia 5800xm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: KML 1.42.x problems resolved Reply with quote

Embarassed I was my own biggest problem! I had the wrong .jad file Embarassed 1.42.02a works fine! Smile

The font selection/size is great! Smile
emj
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't work for me. What I really want to do is to delete all favorites, but I can't do that with this or in any other way.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emj wrote:
Doesn't work for me. What I really want to do is to delete all favorites, but I can't do that with this or in any other way.

I suppose it should work if you use "import kml" on an empty kml file and choose not to keep the old favorites.
Ciantic
Junior

Phone Type: Nokia E70

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Same Import KML problem here! Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
leblanc wrote:

It should be fixed in this pre-release attached.

leblanc wrote:

OK, we'll consider that for a future version.

Says that Signing error when installing.

Using Nokia E70 3rd edition, I've used "mgmaps_n95-1_42_01.jad/jar" successfully in past, can you include 3rd edition jad or something?

Thanks.
Ciantic
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Same Import KML problem here! Reply with quote

Anyone? I really need this feature.

I've tried to look on to signing it myself but once again Symbian/Java fail to make a good tutorial how to do so.

I've found the source code and Eclipse project file from https://svn.mgmaps.com/branches/v1.4/ (JAD file indicates that the version number is "1.42.02")

Simply put I need the N95 version of signed jar/jad just like the ones in the official download page.

Leaving to travel at thursday 12th Aug so got no time to wonder, in worst case scenario I have to do without the markers.

Thanks.
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Same Import KML problem here! Reply with quote

Ciantic wrote:

I've tried to look on to signing it myself but once again Symbian/Java fail to make a good tutorial how to do so.

I've found the source code and Eclipse project file from https://svn.mgmaps.com/branches/v1.4/ (JAD file indicates that the version number is "1.42.02")

Simply put I need the N95 version of signed jar/jad just like the ones in the official download page.

Leaving to travel at thursday 12th Aug so got no time to wonder, in worst case scenario I have to do without the markers.

Thanks.

There is no v1.42.02 final... See if the attach archive works.

mgmaps_n95-1_42_02-alpha3.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  mgmaps_n95-1_42_02-alpha3.zip
 Filesize:  322.25 KB
 Downloaded:  805 Time(s)

Ciantic
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Same Import KML problem here! Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
Ciantic wrote:

Thanks.

There is no v1.42.02 final... See if the attach archive works.

Thanks a lot, it works! (JIT, leaving at 12 o'clock)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Development version 1.40 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: