Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

how to get images from Google Earth?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
zebrox
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 2

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: how to get images from Google Earth? Reply with quote

Hi friends!
Does anybody have any info about connecting to GE servers directly and requesting images from there?
I remember once I've met a site where this process was described, but can't find it now.
I'm interested not using API's or Google Maps web based application? but direct connection to server, requesting an image and receiving it from there.

Thanx in advance!

sorry 4 duplicated post
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cristian Streng
Founder


Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 4585

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: how to get images from Google Earth? Reply with quote

zebrox wrote:
Hi friends!
Does anybody have any info about connecting to GE servers directly and requesting images from there?
I remember once I've met a site where this process was described, but can't find it now.
I'm interested not using API's or Google Maps web based application? but direct connection to server, requesting an image and receiving it from there.

Thanx in advance!

There was a software named Gaia that reverse engineered GE, and it was open-source until Google shut it down -- http://blogs.zdnet.com/Google/?p=400. Maybe you can find the old code somewhere on the web...

zebrox wrote:
sorry 4 duplicated post

No problem, I deleted the other one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Cristian Streng
Founder


Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 4585

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See gaia-0.1.0.tar.bz2 from http://mirrors.rootmode.com/ftp.gnupg.org/contrib/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zebrox
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 2

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
See gaia-0.1.0.tar.bz2 from http://mirrors.rootmode.com/ftp.gnupg.org/contrib/


Thank you Cristian! I'll explore that link asap. Today at russian site i've found some info about this topic http://mapbuilder.narod.ru/gm.htm but as i understood it is about Google Maps, not GE, but any way it is interesting. Another thing I got, is that GE uses encripting of images, so only GE can 'understand' that pictures.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cristian Streng
Founder


Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 4585

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zebrox wrote:
Cristian Streng wrote:
See gaia-0.1.0.tar.bz2 from http://mirrors.rootmode.com/ftp.gnupg.org/contrib/


Thank you Cristian! I'll explore that link asap. Today at russian site i've found some info about this topic http://mapbuilder.narod.ru/gm.htm but as i understood it is about Google Maps, not GE, but any way it is interesting.

Yes, that's for Google maps satellite mode, but that's simple compared to GE - it's actually the same naming like the one used by Microsoft Live maps, numbers changed to letters. You can find code for that in gMapMaker, MapTileCacher and even in MGMaps (commented out).

zebrox wrote:
Another thing I got, is that GE uses encripting of images, so only GE can 'understand' that pictures.

That's right, there's a "libgefetch" folder in gaia that implements that, I've no idea if it still works (that code is 3 years old).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
MGMaps topic RSS feed 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group