Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

May I install GMaps application to run it on my cellphone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luixbr

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: May I install GMaps application to run it on my cellphone? Reply with quote

Hi people,

I adapted a page to exhibit the route between two points inputed by user and
the text description of all segments between the points (in Firefox, it exhibit everything... it has a form with to inputs, from and to address, and a button, and, after submit, show a static map and the description of route). And I would like to access it through a browser of my cellular phone (I have a Motorola L7 to test).

Please, does anybody know what may I do to show this map in a wap/mobile browser? May I use WML source code or can I use everything in HTML with the
following DOCTYPE? Take a look:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN" "
http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd">

I've been using the DTD above with HTML source code and it doesn't work. My source code consists of HTML and javascript based on Google Maps API.

Is there some limitation to run Google Maps on wap browsers, even if I use static maps?

Is there a way to identify if the browser is able to exhibit static maps (maybe in browsers of smartphones it works) and choose it in a script? Should be a WML and WMLScript or could HTML with some specific DTD and Javascript?

Thanks in advance!

Luiz
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: