Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

GPS on BB 8310

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhaskin

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: GPS on BB 8310 Reply with quote

I had MGMaps on my device about a year ago and it worked -just re-installed. Have stored maps on SD card, and they're coming up ok, but not getting any GPS -launched my AT&T Navigator to make sure it was working. Keep re-checking my settings, but can't find what it is. MGMaps ver 1.39.18, BB OS 4.5 -thanks

-also, have tried higher, and lower versions of MGMaps now, but they didn't seem compatible. I may have had OS 4.2 on the BB when I used to have it.
DavidOttawa
Power User

Phone Type: Blackberry 8310, 9700

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with my 8310. See http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?t=2723. It was working fine with 1.39, then I tried 1.40 and 1.41 (which are somewhat erratic with the heading arrow). WHen I went back to 1.39.18_bb, it did not read the internal GPS.

So somewhere between 1.39.17 (unsigned) and 1.39.18 (signed) the GPS function fails. 1.39.17 worked when I upgraded to OS 4.5, but with the dialog box for every new map tile, because it was unsigned.
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidOttawa wrote:
I had the same problem with my 8310. See http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?t=2723. It was working fine with 1.39, then I tried 1.40 and 1.41 (which are somewhat erratic with the heading arrow). WHen I went back to 1.39.18_bb, it did not read the internal GPS.

So somewhere between 1.39.17 (unsigned) and 1.39.18 (signed) the GPS function fails. 1.39.17 worked when I upgraded to OS 4.5, but with the dialog box for every new map tile, because it was unsigned.

I'm aware of this problem and still working to find a fix. If nothing else works we'll revert to 1.39.17.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: