Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Nokia Sports Tracker

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwhittall

Phone Type: Nokia N95 8GB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Nokia Sports Tracker Reply with quote

Not sure if you are familiar with Nokia Sports Tracker?

Well it is FREE, and it records the GPS Data (from internal GPS or external Bluetooth GPS), and logs the Latitude/Longitude, Time, Distance, Altitude.
If can display i) Track that can be uploaded to Nokia Sports Tracker site, ii) Summary, iii) Graphs of Altitude v Distance, iv) Speed v Distance v) Speed v Time.

There is another program called 'Step Counter' that integrates and shows how many steps.

Apparently yet another device - Polar Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor /Chest Belt, also integrates to show Heart Rate statistics on Route.

Whilst one can export the Route as KML File and see on Google Earth Google Maps, it does not do this in REAL TIME.

MGMaps can't currently display live Route Track to show where you have been, as well as where you are.

I want to use on a Motorbike, discovering Green Trails, then finding my way back, reversing the way I came, if I get lost!

Why re-invent the wheel - can't you develop MGMaps to work with Sports Tracker, and take the tracked route being generated in real time and display it on MGMpas stored Maps?

This is what I would like (functionality wise, regardless of how it happens).

David Whittall

PS: Digital Maps of the Philippines don't really exist. Google Maps is producing the best updates (satellite images and Road updates via user contributions - mainly Garmin).

NB: Google Maps v3.0.1.6 S60v3/S60v5 SymbianOS9.x (Update:13.05.09)

Features

My Location (beta)
My Location shows your current location on the map, even if your Nokia phone does not have GPS. Learn more with our My Location video.

Interactive maps
Google Maps for your Nokia feels just like Google Maps on the desktop. Pan and zoom the map, and view satellite imagery, and even switch into Street View for a closer look.

Business listings
Search Google Maps for local businesses and points of interest. View store hours and reviews, then dial a business in one click. Thanks to My Location, you can find nearby businesses without even having to enter your current location.

Directions
Google Maps offers turn-by-turn driving directions - and thanks to My Location, you don't even have to enter your starting point. You can also get walking directions and find public transit routes in more than 100 cities around the world. Learn more with our public transit video.

Traffic
Real-time traffic data helps you find the fastest route to your destination.

New! Street View
View street level imagery of addresses, businesses, and turns in directions in major cities throughout the United States, Australia, Japan, and parts of Europe. Learn more with our Street View video.

Favorites
Save your favorite places so that you can easily return to them on the map.

Supported Nokia phones
Google Maps for Nokia works on most smartphones that run S60 3rd Edition.

Just want all this latest Google Maps 'Stored' on my Phone, so don't need Network Connection, and then display Live Tracking Route (from No0kia Sports Tracker or MGMaps.

Is this too much to ask?
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Nokia Sports Tracker Reply with quote

Yes I am aware of all these software applications and others. I am not Nokia or Google, and I am not in the position to compete with them either. Some of these features are planned, others (like street view) will not be added as they are specific to Google, but all these take time to develop and the time I can put into this free project is limited.

If you are a programmer and willing to contribute to MGMaps, the source code is available at https://svn.mgmaps.com under the GNU General Public License.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Suggest Features All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: