Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Sprint GPS / releasing of JSR-179 / Sanyo 3810

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoowa

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Sprint GPS / releasing of JSR-179 / Sanyo 3810 Reply with quote

I recently swapped my Sanyo SCP-7050, on which the signed Sprint version of MGMaps (1.39.20) worked well, for a new Sanyo SCP-3810. I ran an API testing app on the new phone and noticed that JSR-179 was in fact now available (along with file storage access). However, attempts at installing the signed Sprint 1.39.20 on the new phone causes a data error 910, which I understand to be a permission problem.

I then tried to install the generic signed 1.39.20, reasoning that if the Location API had been de-restricted, maybe the Sprint-specific code would be unnecessary. This installed okay, apparently, but the GPS never gets a fix--no GPS activity whatsoever, as far as I can tell. Maps download with no problem, however.

Does anyone understand what's happening here? Love to get the app to work on this new phone, but I'm already beyond the limits of my Java-coding knowledge here.
cyberbiker
MGMapper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Same Problim on an Sanyo SCP8400 Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem on my replacement Sanyo SCP8400. When I download Sprint signed.jad version 1.39.20 I get Error 909, Application Authorization Failure, even though I properly authorized it on http://developer.sprint.com a few minutes ago and ##3282#>Advanced>Dev Certificate is On.

I'll wait a few hours to see if it is just a timing issue.

Last edited by cyberbiker on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Sprint GPS / releasing of JSR-179 / Sanyo 3810 Reply with quote

hoowa wrote:
I recently swapped my Sanyo SCP-7050, on which the signed Sprint version of MGMaps (1.39.20) worked well, for a new Sanyo SCP-3810. I ran an API testing app on the new phone and noticed that JSR-179 was in fact now available (along with file storage access). However, attempts at installing the signed Sprint 1.39.20 on the new phone causes a data error 910, which I understand to be a permission problem.

I then tried to install the generic signed 1.39.20, reasoning that if the Location API had been de-restricted, maybe the Sprint-specific code would be unnecessary. This installed okay, apparently, but the GPS never gets a fix--no GPS activity whatsoever, as far as I can tell. Maps download with no problem, however.

Does anyone understand what's happening here? Love to get the app to work on this new phone, but I'm already beyond the limits of my Java-coding knowledge here.

I have re-signed v1.39.20, try to download/install it again.
cyberbiker
MGMapper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have rechecked the ##3282# settings on the phone and at http://developer.sprint.com . Every thing appears set from the Sprint side, but I still got Error 909, "Application Authorization Failure" just as the download completes. I then tried to download the unsigned.jar and got the same failure.

I am going to go back to http://developer.sprint.com to disable the activation, delete the activationo listing, then reactivate it after due time to see if that fixes the problem.

Perhaps Sprint has changed something to dissociate the authorizatioon process in some way. I have owned four SCP8400 in succession and have put the Sprint Signed.jad version on the previous three with no problem.

Have any Sprint users, who did not previously have Gmaps on a their phones, been able to install Signed.jad v1.39.20 successfully?

cyberbiker
MGMapper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberbiker wrote:
...I am going to go back to http://developer.sprint.com to disable the activation, delete the activation listing, then reactivate it after due time to see if that fixes the problem.
I did de-activate the phone, delete the record in http://developer.sprint.com and reactivate. Got the unlock code and confirmation of reactivation. Unfortunately, the same error 909 appears.

If any Sprint customer has been successful installing signed.jad v1.39.20 on a phone that has not previously had Gmaps on it, please say so. It will help isolate the problem.

It would also help if the title of this thread was changed to "Sprint Application Authorization Failure Error" so others would notice it and, hopefully, join in the solution.

Fidelio
Junior

Phone Type: Sanyo SCP-6760

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

If any Sprint customer has been successful installing signed.jad v1.39.20 on a phone that has not previously had Gmaps on it, please say so. It will help isolate the problem.

I too am having this problem, and would like to try the signed version as I believe it is the only way to enable the JSR 179 API for the internal GPS in my Sanyo SCP-6760 device.

I can successfully install the signed generic 1.39.21 release as described in this thread (i.e. no GPS support), but can not install either of the Sprint-specific jad packages (910 error).

Out of curiosity, what difference would it make if MGMaps was previously installed on the device?
39testing
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems these threads just die...has ANYONE gotten this to work on sprint? i have the exact same error
hkklike

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My LG LN510 rumor touch has the same problem. I guess Sprint has put a newer restriction onto the new phones. It is so bad.

39testing wrote:
seems these threads just die...has ANYONE gotten this to work on sprint? i have the exact same error
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: