Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

gMapMaker error message

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OVM
Junior

Phone Type: Nokia 5800

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: gMapMaker error message Reply with quote

Hello everyone!!!

I´m new here so please help me!!!

I had been using gMapMaker for about 3 weeks now, (have a small bandwidth), to download my map tiles after creating my map files with the map creation tool. I haven´t had any trouble until yesterday i started getting the oddest error:

"gMapMaker has detected an error and it must close. We are sorry about the inconviniences this may cause you.

Inform Microsoft about this problem.

An error log has been created which you may send us in order to improve gMapMaker. The report will be treated as confidential and anonymous."

And this is the onlything i could copy about the error log:

Error signature:

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : gmapmaker.exe P2 : 0.7.3.2 P3 : 4ac2e239
P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4889dc80 P7 : 3607 P8 : 34
P9 : system.argumentexception

I already have the .NET Framework 2.0 installed cause the program was running just fine, and i also had checked on that before i started using it, so i don´t know why did it give me this error!!!

Hope to hear from you soon!!!!
OVM
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again!!!

Since i´m not able, at the moment, to use gMapMaker, cause of the error i commented before, i decided to use the command line tools and see if i could download my maps with them.

Well, i did all of what it said in every Map TileCacher tutorial i found around the web, but i wasn´t able to get the scripts to work. I stored Map TileCacher.pl, Map TileFE.pl, and my .map files that i had already created for gMapMaker all in the same directory, and then ran Map TileFE.pl. It ran ok for about the first 3 command lines, it even asked me to input the name of the .map file i wanted to use, and then it asked for the # of tiles per file. After giving a 0 input to that and hitting enter, i got the following message:

Can't open perl script "C:\Documents": No such file or directory.

I´m using Activeperl on windows, and downloaded Wget for windows, but haven´t still been able to figure out what it is that it does, and how is it that it works together with ActivePerl. I don´t even know how to run it!!!

Someone Please, Please, Help me out!!!
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this version (install using setup.exe), if it fails the same way look in the system event log and send the error created by gMapMaker.

gMapMaker_Setup.zip
 Description:
gMapMaker v0.7.3.4 alpha 1

Download
 Filename:  gMapMaker_Setup.zip
 Filesize:  1009.96 KB
 Downloaded:  996 Time(s)

OVM
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Thanks!! This version worked!!! Reply with quote

Thank you so very much!!! This version worked just fine after installation. I don´t know if you ´re still interested on the error log that version 0.7.3.3 was giving me, if you´re, just let me know and i´ll post it.

Regards!!!

OVM
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: