Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Blackberry 9700 Bold 2 works with MGMaps

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidOttawa
Power User

Phone Type: Blackberry 8310, 9700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Blackberry 9700 Bold 2 works with MGMaps Reply with quote

I am pleased to report that MGMaps works fine on the Blackberry 9700 (Bold 2). I used MGMaps 1.39.21 (Blackberry signed version from WAP page). This BB runs OS 5.0. Functionality seems to be the same as my older 8310.

Don't forget that Google Maps will remove MGMaps unless you change its permissions: Options/Applications, select Google Maps, Menu/Edit Permissions, expand Interactions, then change Application Management to Deny.

Because the display has more pixels (480x360), yet the display is still relatively small, the text on the maps is getting pretty small. (Same with Google Maps). Perhaps a zoom option in the Display settings to double the size? The icon is tiny too.

Is there a signed version of 1.42 that works on the Blackberry? Dmytro's one runs but the GPS does not work properly.
xatan.cssc
Junior

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you.

I can also use MGMaps on my 9700, but it does not work perfectly on my 9700. I am using 9700 without a dataplan, and so I use MGMaps in offline mode only.

Whenever I disabled Yahoo Map, it always automatically restored. And the first map I get when I open MGMaps is always Yahoo Map instead of Google Map. I have to rename all the google map folders to yahoomap to make them displayed correctly.

Another problem bothers me is that the GPS function (including "where am I") does not work. The function doesn't even try to locate my position. Instead, it just responds GPS doesn't work promptly.

Could somebody give me some tips? I hope the problem is only my configuration and using of MGMaps.
andrewz

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way to dump region that you want, to do not load evry time?
[color]eyesight correctionастигматизм
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> GPS Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: