Mobile GMaps Home Page
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Samsung Jet S8000H

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wachai

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Samsung Jet S8000H Reply with quote

I try to install mgmaps.jar to my feature phone and download all the google map data under MGMapsCache in MMC memory card. But it cannot work. Whatever I set to map data path. Have any advice for me? or my phone is not support this software, because of it is a samsung self developed OS?
chalkhills

Phone Type: Unknown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Samsung Jet - stored maps Reply with quote

I was pulling my hair out with this for ages. For the Samsung Jet you need set the Storage Path to:

Mmc/MGMapsCache

Other makes of phones may need something else instead of 'Mmc'

Your map files should copied to the MGMapsCache folder that you have created on the root of the memory card.

Working with Yahoo maps fine.

Having a little trouble viewing the maps from our friends over at g**gle via the 'add custom map' route mentioned elsewhere. But I shall get it working - even if it takes all weekend - not necessarily because I need to but just out of the badness. Smile
writerx
MGMapper

Phone Type: Samsung Jet S8000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm totally confused. I thought Google Maps don't work with MGmaps anymore??? Shocked

I have the same problem: In the offline-mode Gmaps doesn't show me any stored maps on my S8000 - I already tryed out all the different maps provided by http://mapcacher.com/

Once, "Yahoo Satelite Images with roadmaps overlayed" worked - but I deletetd it again because the maximum Zoom Level for my area was 14, and the qualitiy was bad, too.

Which maps work with the S8000?

@wachai, does it run now?

My favourite map would be the "Microsoft Live Hybrid" - but what do I have to take at http://mapcacher.com/ to get this map?

Please help - thanks!!
Cristian Streng
Founder

Phone Type: (many)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

writerx wrote:
Now I'm totally confused. I thought Google Maps don't work with MGmaps anymore??? Shocked

Google Maps does work with MGMaps in offline mode, most of the other map types should work too.
writerx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:

Google Maps does work with MGMaps in offline mode

..but not in online-mode? At least it didn't work when I tryed it.
Will try the offline-mode then again with the map creation tool and "Google Satellite Images with Road maps overlayed". Hopefully it works.

PS: I haven't understood yet, what exactly is the problem then with Google maps. Why is it crossed out on the index site of www.mgmaps.com? And why does the Program Menu for Google Maps say "not available"? I read other threads about it, but I didn't understand the gist (I think mainly because of my poor English..) Thanks for a short information!

Edit: I tryed the Google maps mentioned above. MGmaps doesn't show them - exactly like it still doesn't show all the other maps. What the hell is wrong? I'm getting crazy...Please help me!
writerx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one there to help me Embarassed ??
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

writerx wrote:
PS: I haven't understood yet, what exactly is the problem then with Google maps. Why is it crossed out on the index site of www.mgmaps.com? And why does the Program Menu for Google Maps say "not available"? I read other threads about it, but I didn't understand the gist (I think mainly because of my poor English..) Thanks for a short information!

http://www.mgmaps.com/news.php?item=136

writerx wrote:
Edit: I tryed the Google maps mentioned above. MGmaps doesn't show them - exactly like it still doesn't show all the other maps. What the hell is wrong? I'm getting crazy...Please help me!

The other maps should work in both offline and online mode.
writerx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristian Streng wrote:
writerx wrote:

http://www.mgmaps.com/news.php?item=136

I already read this post. So Google maps still work wirth MGmaps, but there is no more support for Google maps. Hopefully I got that right?

writerx wrote:

Cristian Streng wrote:
The other maps should work in both offline and online mode.

"The other maps" in both modes?? So Google maps only work in offline mode??

Thanks for your answer, by the way. But as you can imagine, it won't help. I already know that it "should work" - the questions is: Why doesn't it work in my case?? What can be the reason that MGmaps doesn't show the installed offline maps?

Thanks for an reply helping me to anwer this question.
writerx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems as there would be no help for me. So it's holpless with the Samsung S800 Jet. Pity! Thought MGamps would be suitable.

bye,

writerx
Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

writerx wrote:
Thanks for your answer, by the way. But as you can imagine, it won't help. I already know that it "should work" - the questions is: Why doesn't it work in my case?? What can be the reason that MGmaps doesn't show the installed offline maps?

Please send some information about what happens with your phone. Send the .map file you used for downloading and the generated cache.conf. Did you configure the storage path as suggested earlier in this topic? Use Help/Debug Log and check if you see any meaningful message (you'll probably see a lot of "error loading" because the map tiles are not found).
writerx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christian, first, thanks for your answer.

Cristian Streng wrote:
Please send some information about what happens with your phone.

MGmaps starts without problems. It seems to run fine. The only problem is: There are no maps Sad !

Cristian Streng wrote:
Send the .map file you used for downloading and the generated cache.conf.

The .map file is attached. What do you mean by "The generated chache.conf* "? I always create the maps with "GMapMaker".

Cristian Streng wrote:
Did you configure the storage path as suggested earlier in this topic?

Just checked it for the umpteenth time. It is set to: Mmc/MGMapsCache

Cristian Streng wrote:
Use Help/Debug Log and check if you see any meaningful message (you'll probably see a lot of "error loading" because the map tiles are not found).

Sorry, but where do I get this Log file from*?

Thanks!

* I searched the forum for this terms, but it's very hard to find something proper because the forum search only allows to search "topic title and message text" or "message text only" - but no "search only title" (!)

Map20100413132632.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Map20100413132632.zip
 Filesize:  273 Bytes
 Downloaded:  1055 Time(s)

Cristian Streng
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

writerx wrote:
Cristian Streng wrote:

The .map file is attached. What do you mean by "The generated chache.conf* "? I always create the maps with "GMapMaker".

Right, and it creates a cache.conf file under MGMapsCache (the folder that you copy to the phone).

writerx wrote:
Cristian Streng wrote:
Use Help/Debug Log and check if you see any meaningful message (you'll probably see a lot of "error loading" because the map tiles are not found).

MGMaps, of course.

Try also to ask other S8000 users, I found some topics while searching for "s8000", for instance http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?p=15531&highlight=s8000#15531.
writerx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christian and others,

after my state exams I'm back and would like to give MGmaps and my S8000 Jet another - or better a last - chance.

Hoping you're still there to help me!

writerx wrote:

Cristian Streng wrote:
MGMaps, of course.

okay, I checked the log file. There are many notfications of the same type:
Code:
"Fehlermeldung:01:03:08:777: ERROR: EX: java.lang.Exception,DESC: Invalid image data, MSG: No image data (download error)"

What does that mean? I don't want to download data, I want to use the stored offline maps Sad !

Cristian Streng wrote:

I already uploaded one of the endless .map files I already tryed (see above) and I'll attache another one to this post.

The "cache.conf." says:

Code:
version=3
tiles_per_file=128
hash_size=1
center=42.525564,90.000000,1,GoogleHyb

Unfortunately, I still don't know which maps on http://mapcacher.com I'm allowed to use for my Samsung Jet S8000 (I'd prefer Satelite images with roadmaps overlayed).

Cristian Streng wrote:
Try also to ask other S8000 users, I found some topics while searching for "s8000", for instance http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?p=15531&highlight=s8000#15531.

I asked in the recommended thread, and I also asked a lot in a German Forum, but either there is no answer at all or the other users also can't help.

I can't believe it...please help me.

PS: Oh, I just updated the firmware of my S8000 to S8000XPJG1 and therefor also did a master reset before I installed a new MGmaps. But unfortunately nothing changed...

Map20101123181234.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Map20101123181234.rar
 Filesize:  254 Bytes
 Downloaded:  908 Time(s)

writerx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this forum still alive?

anyone here who can help me?
writerx
MGMapper

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...after another 5 months I think I'll surrender.

The software still seems to need more development time to work properly, at least with my mobile.

Will delete it now from my Jet and buy a proper navigation system.

But too bad anyway, that I've got no more answer Sad

bye,

writerx.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MGMaps Forum Index -> Stored Maps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: